KINGYusuf
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
In Stress-Strain graphs, the gradient is E, Young Modulus, right since E = Stress/Strain (correct me if i'm wrong).

So I just wanna make sure, say you're given 2 materials. Would the material with the highest Young Modulus be the steeper one?
mikaela_pascal
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KINGYusuf)
In Stress-Strain graphs, the gradient is E, Young Modulus, right since E = Stress/Strain (correct me if i'm wrong).

So I just wanna make sure, say you're given 2 materials. Would the material with the highest Young Modulus be the steeper one?
The gradient is the youngs modulus of the material.

As for the second questions, I'm not sure but it seems right to me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1331498
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KINGYusuf)

Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
--

You're correct, Young's Modulus = Stress/Strain.

When I was learning about it, I thought about the gradient of stress-strain graph, as being the Young's Modulus (which it effectively is). Therefore, the steeper the line, the higher the Young's Modulus. This is obviously assuming that you are talking about the elastic region of the graph.

I hope that has made sense, if not, I'm sure someone else will be much better at explaining it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (118)
33.71%
Yes - a trusted person (95)
27.14%
No (93)
26.57%
I'm not sure (44)
12.57%

Watched Threads