y0usouf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm currently coming to an end to my first year at college whilst studying a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in applied science. I'm keen on studying pharmacy at university and I have been told from progress tutors, teachers and career divisors that some universities do accept BTEC student.

I was wondering what universities are they?

Thanks

p.s I am NOT studing A-Level chemistry.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will be able to get onto most life/bio science courses with the BTEC in Applied Science however Pharmacy is a different story and you will usually require A level chemistry unless you go to Medway School of Pharmacy where you can do an MPharm providing you get D*D*D* in Applied Science
y0usouf
Rep:
?
(Original post by yt7777)
You will be able to get onto most life/bio science courses with the BTEC in Applied Science however Pharmacy is a different story and you will usually require A level chemistry unless you go to Medway School of Pharmacy where you can do an MPharm providing you get D*D*D* in Applied Science
Not true.

There are 5 universities on UCAS that accept BTECs only with Distinction grades. In my course, the A2's above me have been offered uni places for pharmacy.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by y0usouf)
Not true.

There are 5 universities on UCAS that accept BTECs only with Distinction grades. In my course, the A2's above me have been offered uni places for pharmacy.
Fair enough, I could only find 1 which didn't require Chemistry A level, you could also do a foundation year which doesn't usually require Chemistry
Medway School of Pharmacy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

Congratulations on coming to the end of year 1!
With regards to accepting someone with a BTEC on a pharmacy programme, our entry criteria is 'Distinction*/Distinction*/Distinction*'
To find out more, please go here: http://www.msp.ac.uk/studying/underg...acy/index.html

If you have any further questions, please ask me!

Sammi
y0usouf
Rep:
?
Hi Sammi,

Would said pharmacy program include a foundation year?

(Original post by Medway School of Pharmacy)
Hi there,

Congratulations on coming to the end of year 1!
With regards to accepting someone with a BTEC on a pharmacy programme, our entry criteria is 'Distinction*/Distinction*/Distinction*'
To find out more, please go here: http://www.msp.ac.uk/studying/underg...acy/index.html

If you have any further questions, please ask me!

Sammi
Medway School of Pharmacy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Sammi,

Would said pharmacy program include a foundation year?
Hi,

On the basis you get those grades, and you pass your interview this would not include a foundation year.

If you do not achieve the D*/D*/D* you could enter our BSc Pharmacology and Physiology programme (http://www.msp.ac.uk/studying/underg...ogy/index.html). If you get 65% and over in all modules, you can transfer into the second year of the MPharm.

So do not be disheartened, there are other routes!

Sammi
username1460451
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not true.

What unis are those that accept btec level 3 science can you please tell me thier name?
i==khan10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello I am at the en of my first year i studied BTEC level 3 extended diploma in applied science. Is it possible for me to pharmacy if i get D*D*D*
amber.az
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey universities that accept Btec areUCLANKeeleHuddersfield However they need specific units
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.72%
I'm not sure (40)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (430)
48.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed