The Student Room Group

How to enjoy life?

What do you guys do about it to turn things around. Also what makes life/how do you make life fun for you personally? How do you avoid boredom/fear of the future :smile:
Why, by being a relaxed penguin of course :smile:

To turn things around, sometimes you have to go to the lowest of the low (rock bottom). How I make it fun for me is doing things I enjoy daily; knowing I must do all the drudgery of life; trying to improve something, even if it's a tiny thing about or to myself. How I avoid boredom is keeping busy/productive. Or music. There must be a song for every moment by now! As for fear of the future, I guess I try my best to focus on the here and now and not dwell too much on the what ifs and buts :rolleyes: xx
Original post by NeverTooLatte
Why, by being a relaxed penguin of course :smile:

To turn things around, sometimes you have to go to the lowest of the low (rock bottom). How I make it fun for me is doing things I enjoy daily; knowing I must do all the drudgery of life; trying to improve something, even if it's a tiny thing about or to myself. How I avoid boredom is keeping busy/productive. Or music. There must be a song for every moment by now! As for fear of the future, I guess I try my best to focus on the here and now and not dwell too much on the what ifs and buts :rolleyes: xx

Thanks for replying, that's some good advice. I do try and focus on the present, but for some reason I keep obsessing about the future, it's difficult for me not too. I also sometimes struggle to enjoy things, a lot of things seem pointless to me when I do them these days, and I'd like to reignite that enthusiasm.
Reply 3
Original post by RelaxedPenguin
What do you guys do about it to turn things around. Also what makes life/how do you make life fun for you personally? How do you avoid boredom/fear of the future :smile:

Just ignore it :smile:

You are responsible for making yourself happy

Find a hobby

If you live in fear of the future, you'll end up losing what you have in the present

:smile:
you are going to be a long time dead....

enjoy the ride while you are here

:borat:
Work on yourself.

Become better educated. Study words. Study concepts. Increase your knowledge.

Treat every person and experience as a lesson. They all teach you. You could go through life worrying about your later years and find out you win the lottery at 60. Then all those money worries you had were for nothing. You honestly have no idea what the future holds.

Be productive. Try not to procrastinate. I do it far too often! I remind myself that life is a zero-sum game.

Write and record your experiences. I use a dictaphone and journals. I've recorded nearly every experience in my life for about 18 months now. I've learnt so much about myself doing that. I love looking back and seeing what I did wrong and right.

Hopefully there is something here you can use? I hope so...
Original post by RelaxedPenguin

I do what I what I want to do, no matter what it is. That is the way how I enjoy my life. It gets never dull and its personal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending