Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm a student at a secondary school, I applied for 6th form at a different school. Fast forward to the end of the school day (and 40 minutes later) I have said interview at the other school, when I enter the room there are no greeting etc, I then show him my report. He told me that with these grades I will not be able to enter, not allowing me to reason saying that X grade is not entirely representative due to coursework constituting the majority of it, he then tells me about my attitude. I then (in anger) told him "**** it, **** off" and called him a prick. My mother (who was there with me) told me that if I didn't swear she would have said something. Now fast forward to today, I'm called in to the assistant headteachers office at my school. I tell him what happened, in all honesty, even asking him to contact my mother who can confirm ( which he denies stating I am an adult and can take care of this myself, (I'm 16) and I also said I can't really remember the exact details, he then has the audacity to ask me if I were high or drunk! After a few moments of him talking about how it's a public order offence (which it isn't) and how it can be taken to court (a small claims court wouldn't even bother in all honestly) I bit my tounge, and did not speak. After a while I decide to ring my mother and hand the phone to him. He then desribed the severity of the situation telling my mother how much of a risk this is to my potential 6th form placement at my current school. He then tells my mum I will be excluded internally (but he didn't follow school procedure, no report or parent meeting, if the meeting is not done then I shouldn't be able to enter school..I currently have exams so....) He then tells me to write a letter of apology and to enter the seclusion area. I'm really upset and do not know what to do. Please help.

ReputationRep:
    Why the f**k would you respond with that? Regardless of how you were being treated, which doesn't sound that bad, you shouldn't have said that. Write the letter of apology and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vela1)
    Why the f**k would you respond with that? Regardless of how you were being treated, which doesn't sound that bad, you shouldn't have said that. Write the letter of apology and hope for the best.
    I was treated terrible, I don't know how to explain it but I have never swore to a member of staff before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usid1202)
    I was treated terrible, I don't know how to explain it but I have never swore to a member of staff before.
    Okay so maybe he deserved that, but you want something from him; a place at his school. You should have thought about the repercussions. I'm sure half the people in work would love to swear at their bosses but they value their job more than that so they hold back. There is nothing else you can do even if he has treated you unfairly because an attempt to appeal of any sort will be rendered fruitless due to your response.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.