Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I literally just started my first ever job in a card shop two weeks ago, however I've already been offered a promotion (from sales assistant to key holder). I'm still part-time as I'm at college (hopefully going FT in June) and I am hoping to go to Southampton Uni in September. I have mentioned that I applied to uni, but I'm not sure if I'm in yet, but I played down the likelihood of me getting in, because I really wanted the job.

I love my job and I like the idea of a little more money (although it's only a few extra pence an hour) and I don't want to defer my place if I get in to Soton. Should I be straight up and not take the promotion, which is more hours, and extra training. Or should I take it for the next four months?

I'm in a real quandary

Cheers xx

ReputationRep:
    Take it, put it on your cv, move on whenever you have to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Take it and keep it for weekends/holidays =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrytrueman95)
    I literally just started my first ever job in a card shop two weeks ago, however I've already been offered a promotion (from sales assistant to key holder). I'm still part-time as I'm at college (hopefully going FT in June) and I am hoping to go to Southampton Uni in September. I have mentioned that I applied to uni, but I'm not sure if I'm in yet, but I played down the likelihood of me getting in, because I really wanted the job.

I love my job and I like the idea of a little more money (although it's only a few extra pence an hour) and I don't want to defer my place if I get in to Soton. Should I be straight up and not take the promotion, which is more hours, and extra training. Or should I take it for the next four months?

I'm in a real quandary

Cheers xx
    Take it, it would look great on your CV and a little extra money is always a good thing.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.