Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys;

I am in rented accomodation. My fridge seems to be acting up; every 20 mins or so it starts to hum/buzz; and then after about 5-6 mins, it then audibly clicks causing it to shake.

I am not sure if this is an issue I can remedy myself, if it is indicative of something wrong with the fridge etc.

My landlord is the very definition of unhelpful; so if there is potentially something awry; wanted to make sure that I have a more solid ground to stand on.

Specifically, I don't want to intimate to the landlord that the fridge is not working, then he calls the repair person out; knowing his attitude he'd blame me if there wasn't anything wrong with it/a minor repair.

ReputationRep:
    Check the temperature, if it's lower than it should be call your landlord in the morning and don't fiddle with the fridge at all. If it's just humming but the temperature is fine just leave it and keep an eye on it

ReputationRep:
    It sounds as though it is perhaps cutting in to cool things down too often - make sure nothing is stopping the door from closing, and check the door seal is clean, to make sure the door is sealing properly when you close it. THen leave it for a while to see how it goes...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.