Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to start off by saying that this post is not try and inflame gender tensions or imply that all women are manipulative this way.

My programme has encountered a situation whereby a small number of women are gatekeepers to an organisation and are restricting the forces of change to that organisation which are being pushed by the parent company.

These women have managed to play games and use tactics to control the frame of reference, try to get involved, control and manage project items, restrict access to information, block access to tools, restrict access to staff and freeze the programme out of key meetings. They have accused one project member of bullying, and later HR found that the allegation was not true and "this group of women just didn't like being performance managed." (A typical HR response).

Since I came into the programme, I stared out with an open mind, then I raised flags about their non-cooperation, then I raised formal red flags. My next move is going to be to put together a workflow which includes actions on these people to turn over artists and provide input with due dates, and escalate any non-compliance up through steering group level to board level.

What I am then going to go for is to use the fact that they are so busy studying people, trying to suss them out and building a web to try and trap them in that they have not properly considered the business aspects by setting up a formal audit gate on the project with external auditors that requires their input.

These women will play games then sit down at the table and look the person in the eye with both knowing that they are playing games. I don't understand how people can do that? Do they convince themselves of something?

I have never encountered this level of game playing before. One question I have is, are men capable of playing of acting like these? And the other question, what are other methods to break down people like this?

I found this video, which is quite interesting but about a completely different context, where a woman tries to kill her husband then attempts to try to convince him that everything is OK:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CycleofSpin)
    I want to start off by saying that this post is not try and inflame gender tensions or imply that all women are manipulative this way.

My programme has encountered a situation whereby a small number of women are gatekeepers to an organisation and are restricting the forces of change to that organisation which are being pushed by the parent company.

These women have managed to play games and use tactics to control the frame of reference, try to get involved, control and manage project items, restrict access to information, block access to tools, restrict access to staff and freeze the programme out of key meetings. They have accused one project member of bullying, and later HR found that the allegation was not true and "this group of women just didn't like being performance managed." (A typical HR response).

Since I came into the programme, I stared out with an open mind, then I raised flags about their non-cooperation, then I raised formal red flags. My next move is going to be to put together a workflow which includes actions on these people to turn over artists and provide input with due dates, and escalate any non-compliance up through steering group level to board level.

What I am then going to go for is to use the fact that they are so busy studying people, trying to suss them out and building a web to try and trap them in that they have not properly considered the business aspects by setting up a formal audit gate on the project with external auditors that requires their input.

These women will play games then sit down at the table and look the person in the eye with both knowing that they are playing games. I don't understand how people can do that? Do they convince themselves of something?

I have never encountered this level of game playing before. One question I have is, are men capable of playing of acting like these? And the other question, what are other methods to break down people like this?

I found this video, which is quite interesting but about a completely different context, where a woman tries to kill her husband then attempts to try to convince him that everything is OK:

Intriguing, what you're saying, but, I don't quite get what you are saying....let me watch the vid.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there are some very manipulative women around, I don't see why guys keep falling for it, since the internet there are loads of videos and websites redpilling men on why women act in certain ways. Just stop caring, a woman only has power of your life if you let them.

ReputationRep:
    I decided I wont watch this properly due to how it began, the irony of this video is that without a doubt the women is manipulating her male viewers, I already know this from the way she started, she wants to give you what you so desperately need to hear. That is manipulation and the same goes for many other females assessing female(or feminist) behaviour. I have learnt men are very vulnerable on the internet, so have these women and there they give you exactly what you need, ease you in with a slight rape joke that any feminist would go crazy over, do they agree with rape,no obviously not but are they giving you the illusion that they do, yes in your subconscious. So now that she has your attention she will proceed to talk about everything you want to hear and then you will be checking it off your mental checklist and proceed to feel like women are the scum of the earth.

Yes women are manipulative, wonderful example provided in your post. Are men manipulative, absolutely! Does any human have the potential to be manipulative, yes they do! It's not just one gender of the other but I suppose men will be subject to female manipulation and vice versa so we will all despise each other etc. etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I decided I wont watch this properly due to how it began, the irony of this video is that without a doubt the women is manipulating her male viewers, I already know this from the way she started, she wants to give you what you so desperately need to hear. That is manipulation and the same goes for many other females assessing female(or feminist) behaviour. I have learnt men are very vulnerable on the internet, so have these women and there they give you exactly what you need, ease you in with a slight rape joke that any feminist would go crazy over, do they agree with rape,no obviously not but are they giving you the illusion that they do, yes in your subconscious. So now that she has your attention she will proceed to talk about everything you want to hear and then you will be checking it off your mental checklist and proceed to feel like women are the scum of the earth.

Yes women are manipulative, wonderful example provided in your post. Are men manipulative, absolutely! Does any human have the potential to be manipulative, yes they do! It's not just one gender of the other but I suppose men will be subject to female manipulation and vice versa so we will all despise each other etc. etc...
    Totally agree.

ReputationRep:
    I thought we had a name for this already...

feminism?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.