Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If i achieved a Low B for my coursework could it be possible that I could get an A* and what would i need in each exam for it to be an overall A*

ReputationRep:
    Try and Try!!
    You will get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NNB_Herath)
    Try and Try!!
    You will get it!
    aha xD have any clue whats the minimum grade I need for each exam or mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER)
    Forget about boundaries and show what you can do......
    You will get your results !!

ReputationRep:
    52/60 (or thereabouts) in all exams should get you your A*, even with B coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryKane28)
    52/60 (or thereabouts) in all exams should get you your A*, even with B coursework
    Yeah I guess that sounds reasonable Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess that sounds reasonable Good Luck
    I have B coursework too for Biology so i know how it feels revising as much as i can for that A

ReputationRep:
    Best advice, don't look at the grade boundary's now. Just try your apsolute best and try achieve the highest mark you can get, not the mark that gets you the a* Also aiming for an a* let's hope the grade boundarys are quite low this year And good luck for b1 on Tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    Best advice, don't look at the grade boundary's now. Just try your apsolute best and try achieve the highest mark you can get, not the mark that gets you the a* Also aiming for an a* let's hope the grade boundarys are quite low this year And good luck for b1 on Tuesday!
    any guesses on what'll come up?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Both Core and Add?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Both Core and Add?
    Triple unfortunately, B3 is the death of me though

ReputationRep:
    I think the carbon or nitrogen cycle will 100% come up it hasn't come for years, also the biomass topic should appear as it hasn't appeared in a few years aswell, and possibly parasites or mutalists

ReputationRep:
    Triple unfortunately, B3 is the death of me though
    Ouch! Good Luck you have after the core and additional exams though !

ReputationRep:
    I think the carbon or nitrogen cycle will 100% come up it hasn't come for years, also the biomass topic should appear as it hasn't appeared in a few years aswell, and possibly parasites or mutalists
    Are you doing C1 too? If so, do you think polymers are likely to come up this year?

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing C1 too? If so, do you think polymers are likely to come up this year?
    Yeah I guess polymers and indigestion

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you get a chance to improve your controlled assessment grade?

ReputationRep:
    I'm also betting on the carbon or nitrogen cycle for one of the six markers. Diabetes could be another one that hasn't come up recently. Last year the first question was dysentery, so it wouldn't surprise me if another minor topic comes up such as specific examples for parasitic and mutualistic relationships.

Overall though I think b1 is going to be a good paper. Think c1 is going to be harder as last years was too nice but just a hunch :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    I'm also betting on the carbon or nitrogen cycle for one of the six markers. Diabetes could be another one that hasn't come up recently. Last year the first question was dysentery, so it wouldn't surprise me if another minor topic comes up such as specific examples for parasitic and mutualistic relationships.

Overall though I think b1 is going to be a good paper. Think c1 is going to be harder as last years was too nice but just a hunch :P
    YES!! 100% Agree- I think and hope Physics will be easy too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanoas)
    Didn't you get a chance to improve your controlled assessment grade?
    My science teacher is a pain, she wont let me change it even though she still never sent it off to the exam board

ReputationRep:
    What marks would in each exam I need to secure an A* in each science if I were to achieve A*'s for Physics, Chem. & Bio in the controlled assessments? (triple scientist)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.