Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi is anyone doing the wjec c1 exam? If yes how are you revising for it? Would you care to share any notes? Any help would be extremely appreciated! Good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zka98)
    Hi is anyone doing the wjec c1 exam? If yes how are you revising for it? Would you care to share any notes? Any help would be extremely appreciated! Good luck guys!
    What do you think the 'tricky' question(s) will be like this year? I know they'll make this paper harder than before (as they always do) and there's bound to be a couple of questions like the inflection and kite one from last year.

ReputationRep:
    I homestly don't have a clue but I've just decided to do all the past papers to give me and idea of what can come up! How have you been revising?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think optimisation will come up this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariumxx)
    Do you think optimisation will come up this year?
    Do you mean stationary points? Sorry I've never heard it called that before! But I do think it will come on it generally does I also think the paper will be quite hard which is why im practising the different past papers! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zka98)
    Do you mean stationary points? Sorry I've never heard it called that before! But I do think it will come on it generally does I also think the paper will be quite hard which is why im practising the different past papers! Good luck!
    It's the more challenging stationary point question involving either 3D shapes or nets to add to the difficulty. I think it has come up twice before since about 2007 (our teacher gave us access to them all up until that point).

Will C2 be difficult as well this year? I've heard people say yes although last years had relatively low grade boundaries for a paper and was lamented as being incredibly difficult. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zka98)
    I homestly don't have a clue but I've just decided to do all the past papers to give me and idea of what can come up! How have you been revising?
    Doing a couple of past papers. They're so easy that I'm trying to beat my best times, forget getting 100%!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonb365)
    It's the more challenging stationary point question involving either 3D shapes or nets to add to the difficulty. I think it has come up twice before since about 2007 (our teacher gave us access to them all up until that point).

Will C2 be difficult as well this year? I've heard people say yes although last years had relatively low grade boundaries for a paper and was lamented as being incredibly difficult. Thoughts?
    Honestly C2 can never be difficult if you UNDERSTAND the content, are an at least decent mathematician and have done lots of past papers. If you tick the box for all of those, C2 is incredibly easy. Every paper. So just make sure you're not just memorising things. I can't stress how important it (particularly with maths and physics) to UNDERSTAND what you have learned inside-out rather than blindly memorising it.

ReputationRep:

Hi, I hope not! Also does anyone know how to do the follow up questions to the binomial expansions such as; (a+2x)^6, the coefficient of X^2 is twice that of X what is the value of 'a'. I quite struggle with these question. Any help will be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    Honestly C2 can never be difficult if you UNDERSTAND the content, are an at least decent mathematician and have done lots of past papers. If you tick the box for all of those, C2 is incredibly easy. Every paper. So just make sure you're not just memorising things. I can't stress how important it (particularly with maths and physics) to UNDERSTAND what you have learned inside-out rather than blindly memorising it.
    I think I know it quite well but them difficult geometric sequence questions seem to get me once every so often and those generic question 2c's.
    Would you say S1 is even more difficult because personally I find most of the paper relatively easy in comparison to core modules, expect the CFD/PDF at the end at those A n B B u A B/A kind of questions.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I've been taught my by teacher to write equations of lines in the form y=mx+c like a GCSE rather than the other form ax+by+c=0. Is it alright to leave answers in the form y=mx+c unless stated otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    I think I know it quite well but them difficult geometric sequence questions seem to get me once every so often and those generic question 2c's.
    Would you say S1 is even more difficult because personally I find most of the paper relatively easy in comparison to core modules, expect the CFD/PDF at the end at those A n B B u A B/A kind of questions.
    Yeah for me I would say that S1 is a more difficult because it requires more thinking. You find pdf and cdf stuff harder than the other topics? I find those two the easiest! Poisson can get awkward (and so can binomial if combined with Poisson). Well, at least it definitely can in S2!
    Everyone seems to find the geometric series questions hard! Is it the simultaneous equation solving that's hard? That just requires a little bit of logical thinking and (dare-I-say-it-in-AS-maths) insight most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I've been taught my by teacher to write equations of lines in the form y=mx+c like a GCSE rather than the other form ax+by+c=0. Is it alright to leave answers in the form y=mx+c unless stated otherwise?
    Of course it is. I always do that and my teacher says to as well. It makes it much easier to work with the equation (intersection with other lines, gradient, etc.).

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any volume questions , (question 10?)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.