Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I went to do my Raf fitness test today but they wouldn't let me as my blood pressure was 142. It has to be 140 or below.

Anyone had experience of this and could advise me of my next steps etc?

I had my blood pressure taken only 2 weeks ago at my GP and it was only 123.

cheers

ReputationRep:
    When I turned up for my fitness test I was nervous, and so pumped up to go, that my first two readings were way over 140. The PT basically told me to sit there and calm down. We had like a 5 minute discussion about my application before doing it again, on the third & final attempt it dropped under 140 and off we went.

I'm afraid I don't know what happens next but I'd have thought they'll let you go again, it was only 2 over! Speak to your AFCO?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Passport1)
    Hi guys,

I went to do my Raf fitness test today but they wouldn't let me as my blood pressure was 142. It has to be 140 or below.

Anyone had experience of this and could advise me of my next steps etc?

I had my blood pressure taken only 2 weeks ago at my GP and it was only 123.

cheers
    Mine was roughly the same as Andy and my systolic BP was above the first time. Contact your Afco first. I find it harsh that it wasn't re taken nor given time to rest it.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.