AS Psychology Questions Help

Watch this thread
AnnaMossy
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So for the 12 mark questions for AS psychology obviously its marked for a01 and a01. I always seem to get 6/6 for a01 and about 3/6 for a02. I keep trying different ways to evaluate the studies and such enough to get higher but i don't understand how to. What is the best way yo really secure a02 marks in the 12 mark paper?

Thank you!
H.i
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=AnnaMossy;55587001]So for the 12 mark questions for AS psychology obviously its marked for a01 and a01. I always seem to get 6/6 for a01 and about 3/6 for a02. I keep trying different ways to evaluate the studies and such enough to get higher but i don't understand how to. What is the best way yo really secure a02 marks in the 12 mark paper?

Thank you![/QUOTE

I have the same problem In order to gain high A02 marks you must make it relevant to the specific study you are talking about.

For example instead of saying "This study lacks ecological validity as it was conducted in a laboratory and therefore the findings cannot be generalised"

Say something like "this study was conducted in a laboratory and consequently it lacks ecological validity as it does not reflect how children are likely to behave in real life. For example a child who has been a victim of abuse will most likely have a very accurate and permanent memory of the abuse as it would have been very traumatic. Whereas the children in this study only watched a science demonstration, which most likely had no importance to them."

Or something along those lines, you just need to make sure that what you've written is specific for that study. If you can take the paragraph you've written and put it under another study and it still makes sense then you won't reach the higher mark band. Hope this helps, good luck
AnnaMossy
Rep:
Perfect thank you so much! So make sure i basically justify why its a problem to the results the study found?
H.i
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yeah whatever A02 point you make you must make it relevant to that specific study. For example if you wrote about the strange situation by Mary Ainsworth and for AO2 you wrote that it lacks population validity you must make it clear why THIS study lacks population validity. So you would say that the sample was AMERICAN and since America is a individualistic culture, the behaviours which they see as ideal differ greatly from what would for example be seen as ideal behaviour in Japan which is a collectivist culture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
-MLS-
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I completely agree with what everyone says above. When writing AO2 points, write them in separate short paragraphs, this will help you keep the information you are writing relevant to that one point. Have the mind set "LINK BACK" and try to link back every single detail you can to either the study in AO1 and the question!

I struggled with AO2 also, always getting 6/6 AO1 but only 3/6 AO2 however we recently got a new teacher who is an examiner so I asked him for tips. He gave those exact ones, and in a recent mock we did I got full marks on the essay! Good luck on Monday, you'll do great!
AnnaMossy
Rep:
thank you! I'm so nervous but kinda confident for unit 1! fingers crossed it goes well!
H.i
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AnnaMossy)
thank you! I'm so nervous but kinda confident for unit 1! fingers crossed it goes well!
Yeah me too :/ i have sent you a document i got from my teacher about improving AO2, which might help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (112)
40.73%
They're exactly what I expected (65)
23.64%