The Student Room Group

Most embarrassing part of being human.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Xin Xang
Not to make this too grim, but I am embarrassed by the way in which we treat the environment.

We are literally setting our home on fire, and seeing as there is currently no way to get out, we are soon going to be trapped in a burning building.

You feel me?!
Reply 21
Not to make this too grim, but I am embarrassed by the way in which we treat the environment.

We are literally setting our home on fire, and seeing as there is currently no way to get out, we are soon going to be trapped in a burning building.

Not to mention everybody's too distracted to even take notice.
Original post by NHM713
You feel me?!

Reply 23

lol
Original post by pagorai
It is so embarrassing because it growls so loudly and doesnt stop! I didnt even have anything to eat so i kept drinking water which obviously didnt really help lol.
The paper was making me so nervous and then this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I skipped lunch to review more for the exam. I wish I had eaten some biscuits at least!
Original post by IWantToBeThere
I skipped lunch to review more for the exam. I wish I had eaten some biscuits at least!

I skipped breakfast to review more for the exam lol
It was like grrrrrrrrrrrr...grrrrrrrrr...grrrrrrr non stop:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pagorai
I skipped breakfast to review more for the exam lol
It was like grrrrrrrrrrrr...grrrrrrrrr...grrrrrrr non stop:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh! For the whole exam?
We think we own the world, we think that once the human species dies out of goes extinct that it'll be the end of the world, it's just too cringeworthy
It's embarrassing that we have used our intelligence to do the most unintelligent things imaginable.

It's embarrassing that we are the only species who have invented effective ways of not only destroying each other but wiping our the entire human race. Not only does the human race seem to take pride in this, but people seem to enjoy it.

It's embarrassing that we KNOW we are destroying our, and billions of other species', home and we KNOW exactly which things are doing it, but we continue to do them.

It's embarrassing that by recycling once in a while we think we're doing our bit to save the world, but we then go on to use electronics all day, and drive about in expensive cars releasing billions of tonnes of nastiness into the world, and use factory made products.

It's embarrassing that we have this idea that we are so much greater, so much more important than every other organism living on this planet. If the history of the world was condensed into a day, humans appear for 2 seconds then gone. 2 seconds. That's like a fly buzzing past you, that's how minor we are in the grand scheme of things; except we leave behind a colossal, destructive impact. So really it's like a fly buzzing past and dropping a bomb with a delay on it. By the time it explodes with full impact the fly is gone.

It's embarrassing that politicians place so much more focus on nuclear weapons and war than the environment, as if these things really matter if we don't have a planet thats livable anymore. As if destruction and death is more important to us than life.

It's embarrassing that the entire focus of the human race is money and power.

It's embarrassing that we complain about all this, yet don't do anything to fix it.

We are a complete and utter embarrassment, but most people are too caught up in themselves and the human race rather than the entirety of life on earth to realise what an embarrassment we are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IWantToBeThere
Oh! For the whole exam?

Haha no, for 10 minutes. I had to clench my belly and drop my pen and make some noise, fake few coughs lol
You know like how, your stomach growls and it becomes calm and u no longer feel hungry after that? Yup, that happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Yeah dude
We think we own the world, we think that once the human species dies out of goes extinct that it'll be the end of the world, it's just too cringeworthy

It's true, I used to think that the end of time, was the end of the world, when it's really just the end of us.
Original post by pagorai
Haha no, for 10 minutes. I had to clench my belly and drop my pen and make some noise, fake few coughs lol
You know like how, your stomach growls and it becomes calm and u no longer feel hungry after that? Yup, that happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol. I understand!
Original post by NHM713
What is the most embarrassing thing about being human?

Not being on same occasions to react to sarcasm
Reply 33
Original post by It's_Ailie
It's embarrassing that we have used our intelligence to do the most unintelligent things imaginable.

It's embarrassing that we are the only species who have invented effective ways of not only destroying each other but wiping our the entire human race. Not only does the human race seem to take pride in this, but people seem to enjoy it.

It's embarrassing that we KNOW we are destroying our, and billions of other species', home and we KNOW exactly which things are doing it, but we continue to do them.

It's embarrassing that by recycling once in a while we think we're doing our bit to save the world, but we then go on to use electronics all day, and drive about in expensive cars releasing billions of tonnes of nastiness into the world, and use factory made products.

It's embarrassing that we have this idea that we are so much greater, so much more important than every other organism living on this planet. If the history of the world was condensed into a day, humans appear for 2 seconds then gone. 2 seconds. That's like a fly buzzing past you, that's how minor we are in the grand scheme of things; except we leave behind a colossal, destructive impact. So really it's like a fly buzzing past and dropping a bomb with a delay on it. By the time it explodes with full impact the fly is gone.

It's embarrassing that politicians place so much more focus on nuclear weapons and war than the environment, as if these things really matter if we don't have a planet thats livable anymore. As if destruction and death is more important to us than life.

It's embarrassing that the entire focus of the human race is money and power.

It's embarrassing that we complain about all this, yet don't do anything to fix it.

We are a complete and utter embarrassment, but most people are too caught up in themselves and the human race rather than the entirety of life on earth to realise what an embarrassment we are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we are just insane. Smart and insane = dangerous combination.
Reply 34
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Not being on same occasions to react to sarcasm

I feel like a bit of a lemon, when that happens to me.
Original post by NHM713
I feel like a bit of a lemon, when that happens to me.

Me too!
Telling people the embarrassing parts
Original post by NHM713
I think we are just insane. Smart and insane = dangerous combination.

A very dangerous combination. And as time goes on, we get smarter and more insane so we are getting more and more dangerous all the time, every day. It's terrifying, but changing the focus of the entire human race is not easy business.
You should read The Humans by Matt Haig - it gives a nonhuman perspective of humans; very insightful, plus funny at times.
...Hate how much we love ourselves and so special that we think there's some kind of deity which built a universe around us; and how we think we're so smart and amazing, completely separate from everything else that exists on our tiny planet.

:excited:
Reply 39
Pooing. In front of everyone. Just pooing everywhere, in everyone's face.

Quick Reply

Latest