Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of the hardest FP3 exam questions for AQA?
    Or post some of the hardest questions regarding one of these topics:
    Maclaurin Series
    Polar equations
    1st order DE
    2nd order DE
    Eulers identities, equations.
    Limits

Or if you could post some hard questions that relate to these topics, that would be very helpful.

Thanks a bunch!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  fp3 a.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  29.1 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Name:  fp3 b.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  24.0 KB

Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizard54142)
    Name:  fp3 b.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  24.0 KB

Have fun!
    Anymore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tynos)
    Anymore?
    Too easy? I'll find some more.

ReputationRep:
    Did you mean to write Euler's equation/identity? If you meant Euler's method(and midpoint method and improved Euler's method), the FP3 questions are very straightforward on this topic, just substitute into the formula and take care how many decimal places you quote the answer to.
    If you meant Euler's formula or Euler's equation/identity, then these are unimportant for AQA FP3. I know they're mentioned in the textbook but they never ask questions on them. Use of Euler's formula and more rarely Euler's equation/identity is tested in FP2. There are some good questions in several FP2 past papers on the topic. I'd hold off revising these topics until after the FP3 exam.

The best thing to do now is to do all of the FP3 past papers again.

STEP III 2009 Q 2, 3 each cover several of your requested topics. This happens to be the paper I am currently working on and you might want to have a go at these questions. Only do this if you really want hard questions on the topics. Don't be demotivated if you can't do it.
    STEP III 2004 Q 8 is very similar to some of the harder FP3 ODE questions.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  hard step.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  78.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Did you mean to write Euler's equation/identity? If you meant Euler's method(and midpoint method and improved Euler's method), the FP3 questions are very straightforward on this topic, just substitute into the formula and take care how many decimal places you quote the answer to.
    If you meant Euler's formula or Euler's equation/identity, then these are unimportant for AQA FP3. I know they're mentioned in the textbook but they never ask questions on them. Use of Euler's formula and more rarely Euler's equation/identity is tested in FP2. There are some good questions in several FP2 past papers on the topic. I'd hold off revising these topics until after the FP3 exam.

The best thing to do now is to do all of the FP3 past papers again.

STEP III 2009 Q 2, 3 each cover several of your requested topics. This happens to be the paper I am currently working on and you might want to have a go at these questions. Only do this if you really want hard questions on the topics. Don't be demotivated if you can't do it.
    STEP III 2004 Q 8 is very similar to some of the harder FP3 ODE questions.
    Have you done all the fp3 papers?
    The earlier ones seem the easiest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tynos)
    Have you done all the fp3 papers?
    The earlier ones seem the easiest.
    Yes I've done them all 2-3 times. Except I've only done 2014 once.
    Yeah I think most maths modules are harder in the more recent papers. I believe this is a good thing. The grade boundaries will tell you more quantitatively which ones are more difficult.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.