Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is the overall percentage or UMS mark needed to get an A* in AQA GCSE Biology
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know the same for WJEC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexm1234)
    What is the overall percentage or UMS mark needed to get an A* in AQA GCSE Biology
    Thanks
    UMS is always 90% I guess for an A*, but raw marks are the actual paper marks and they depend year on year tbh

ReputationRep:
    Im doing AQA IGCSE biology and in raw marks, last year an A* was 71%. Idk about GCSE though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexm1234)
    Thanks
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2014.PDF
    Here you can check how many marks you'd need in 2014. It's very similar each year

ReputationRep:
    Total of 360 UMS for an A* including the ISA, thats if you're talking about UMS! For B2 and B3, the rule of thumb is that if you get 45/60, you'll be on track for an A* in the paper, but it changes every year remember! In last year's B2, it was 40/60 for an A*, which would usually be the raw mark for an A! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    this might be helpful http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums

ReputationRep:
    how did u find the biology??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patelvinai)
    how did u find the biology??
    Not great at all. Hoping I get an B but not sure as the questions that came up were horrendous :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ah I'm sure u did better than u think... did u do aqa igcse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patelvinai)
    ah I'm sure u did better than u think... did u do aqa igcse?
    I did Aqa additional gcse

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.