Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive always had a good social life and plenty of friends but when i think about going traveling the idea of going on my own seems much more appealing. Im not looking to go on holiday to get drunk and go raving (although being able to enjoy a beer would be a bonus), i want to go and see old buildings and ancient sites, that sort of stuff. Now here's my problem, being a student cash is tight and i know holidays arent cheap but my money is flexible, so what i want to know is, where is the best place for me to go that fits my criteria?
    Thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    Idk if this applies now but back when I was 17 I could only fly anywhere if I was with someone over 18 or if I had written permissions etc etc (unaccompanied minor). Also, most hotels don't accept under 18s staying on their own. You could go by train (possibly) and do some housestays?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As you are 17 it will be quite difficult to get accommodation, as most hotels prefer you to be 18 years old. But when I was 16 I went to America by myself, and went again at 17 and again at 18.. and so forth. I didn't stay in hotels because I was obviously underage, me and my boyfriend rented an apartment together and a house on different occasions to stay in, it was so much better and worked out cheaper.

I would recommend cities within Europe, like Prague, Amsterdam, Paris etc and go onto vacation rental websites, make sure you have in depth conversations about the accommodation and do not directly transfer the money to the home owner, only use sites such as airbnb where your money is held by the company until you arrive in the property, before the home owner is paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Forgot to add) If money isn't an object you could go around europe via train or coach and stay in hostels or people's homes. Or the odd hotel I'm sure would let you stay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just don't go to Spain it's dangerous, and Spain breaks EU law of human rights by not providing free legal assistance.

Yes you can get free EU healthcare but they try to charge you, make things hard, don't wear gloves to take blood, and ebola got into Spain because nurses are dirty (not because they traveled to Africa, Spain never helps the world like UK and USA do).

Oh and assult in Spain is civil not criminal, so enjoy waiting 4 to 6 years for "justice" just to get like 300 Euro.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.workaway.info/hostlist-GB.html

ReputationRep:
    Grab yourself a push bike, sleeping bag and small tent/bivvy bag and go wherever you please!

ReputationRep:
    Amsterdam is the place to be

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.