Turn on thread page Beta

What would you predict me as for my GCSE Results? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm year nine and these are my results for my end of year levels. What would you say I could get for GCSE?
    I live in Wales btw.
    Maths- 7B
    English-7A
    Art-8B
    Science-7B
    French-7A
    Welsh-7B
    Spanish- 7A

I was suprised to get 7B in maths. I thought I was only going to get 7C. Maths, English, Science and Welsh are core subjects as well as GCSE Welsh Baccalaureate but we don't start that until year 10. I also have to do Maths Numeracy GCSE as well as the regular GCSE maths. Spanish, French and Art are my options. I think I did quite well on Spanish and Welsh considering I learn Spanish at home and I don't have any lessons in school. I only have 3 hours of Welsh every two weeks whereas French I have 5 hours.

I'm really good at English literature and I love studying it. i think that if I try hard I could an A* in maths, science and Welsh. I didn't realise I could do this well. At the beginning of year 9 I thought I was going to get level 6 bordering level 7.

ReputationRep:
    Year 9 grades mean absolutely nothing just saying xD

7s = A/B
    8s = A/A*

This is inaccurate still though, no year 9 grades can match gcse grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adriennesamantha)
    I'm year nine and these are my results for my end of year levels. What would you say I could get for GCSE?
    I live in Wales btw.
    Maths- 7B
    English-7A
    Art-8B
    Science-7B
    French-7A
    Welsh-7B
    Spanish- 7A

I was suprised to get 7B in maths. I thought I was only going to get 7C. Maths, English, Science and Welsh are core subjects as well as GCSE Welsh Baccalaureate but we don't start that until year 10. I also have to do Maths Numeracy GCSE as well as the regular GCSE maths. Spanish, French and Art are my options. I think I did quite well on Spanish and Welsh considering I learn Spanish at home and I don't have any lessons in school. I only have 3 hours of Welsh every two weeks whereas French I have 5 hours.

I'm really good at English literature and I love studying it. i think that if I try hard I could an A* in maths, science and Welsh. I didn't realise I could do this well. At the beginning of year 9 I thought I was going to get level 6 bordering level 7.
    Don't worry yet in year 9 as you have time to improve over 2 years and just remember year 9 results mean very little and even in the long term if do a levels your GCSE results don't matter much apart from English and Maths so focus on these. I got A/A*s at GCSE but honestly they aren't as big as they appear to be after you finish them in year 11. It is better asking this question at the end of year 10 where you'll have a better perspective of how you will do. Make sure you do well on coursework etc and keep on top of knowledge and you should be alright in Year 11.

ReputationRep:
    anywhere between a complete bum and einstein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiah_AH)
    Year 9 grades mean absolutely nothing just saying xD

7s = A/B
    8s = A/A*

This is inaccurate still though, no year 9 grades can match gcse grades
    I think they do mean something, because if they're a clear dictator of how well you do in certain subjects: it helps teachers know whether you don't need as much help because you're academic, and advanced, or whether you're struggling and need extra help. I think they also mean something it gives the student an idea; and the teachers an idea of how well they're doing, and what they are good at, and not so good at.

ReputationRep:
    But in terms of GCSE they might not mean as much because a person might slack in work for various reasons such as depression, stress, but then most people do exceed their predicted GCSE results based off of their end of KS3 levels.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.