Can I still get all a's If I've only revised for maths and the sciences?

Watch
Anyhoo122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have good breaks in between my exams like five six days in between. Also for my controlled assessments I did quite. Spanish I got 2 really high a's for my oral and 2 really high a*'s, combined its worth 60%. Eng land my controlled assessment is also worth 60% and I was one mark off an a*. Eng lit I got full marks in the ca, it's worth 25%. For the sciences each ca is worth 25% for biology I got an a, for physics I got a b ( my teacher said I can still get an a*) and one mark off an a* in chemistry. I'm really worried about my re exam though ( on Monday) in my mock I got a c. I know everyone says its so easy but I really really hate re. I think history is really hard also. How much did you revise for your gcse's and what did you get?
JuliaM1998
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The only thing I can recommend is just cramming from now til the exam. GCSE examiners mark fairly nicely so if you know all the content on the specification for your subjects, you cant really go that wrong. youll just have to work really hard
boomz99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
definitely, you will bang out a or a* for Spanish cos the exams are so easy, English you'll be fine, for history you need toknw the dates and read your textbook. im ****ting myself for RE too
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should re write your notes in your own words over and over again until they sink in your head and that way you will understand better than memorising a whole chunk of information.
4nonymous
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by boomz99)
definitely, you will bang out a or a* for Spanish cos the exams are so easy, English you'll be fine, for history you need toknw the dates and read your textbook. im ****ting myself for RE too
I am worried about my RE too. Got one on monday and one on wednesday. And Im worried about my IT and French exams.
kxylah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends on your academic ability. You seem to have done good in the majority of your subjects, so if you revise really hard I'm sure you can scrape an A...
TheAmpersand
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For me I hardly revised, it was always a hard thing to do while doing my GCSEs. My results were: PE D*; English lit A*; French A*; English lang A; Textiles A; RE B; History B; Core Science B; Maths B; Additional Science C; IGCSE English lang C; IT P; AS Critical Thinking C. So not all As like you want, but it is possible to get good grades without revising much. I'm sure if you do some last minute revision before each exam you'll be likely to get all As or very close to all As.
4nonymous
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I still need to revise fore RE, IT, and french. Is it possible for me to still get and A in these subjects when they're all next week.
Anyhoo122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by 4nonymous)
I still need to revise fore RE, IT, and french. Is it possible for me to still get and A in these subjects when they're all next week.
I think so. Prioritize the topics you find hardest. Good luck
ibrahim24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
wrong thread whoops
4nonymous
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anyhoo122)
I think so. Prioritize the topics you find hardest. Good luck
Adeel Ali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nobody cares bout History..
I'll probably fail it cos' I hate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.97%
Uncertainty around my education (373)
14.71%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (279)
11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (356)
14.04%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (117)
4.61%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (153)
6.03%
Loneliness (217)
8.56%
Financial worries (94)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (133)
5.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (222)
8.75%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (240)
9.46%

Watched Threads