Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wondered how everyone got on with IGCSE English Language papers we took this week (the one with Anuja and the Ospreys, and the 2nd one with the elderly technology teaching thing and the other descriptive/narratives).

For me, P2 went rather...not so well/awful .
    The passages to be fair, were quite laughable (he bangs the table, dots of perspiration sprang from his forehead haha), and I thought the newspaper article went okay at first, then realised that i probably didn't develop many points (however usually I do this subconsciously, so crossing my fingers!) Writers effects i was happy with, but I know I definitely got one effect wrong ;( , and as annoying the Osprey's were, I think summary was actually the best part, even though in practices I always did the worst on summary (apparently I'm too verbose :/)

P3 (Directed Writing and Compostion) I was actually REALLY happy with, they were a lifesaver!

I think composition went way better than Directed (I chose the 'describe a town in the early hours of the morning' question, and was really happy with my imagery yay) but Directed wasn't too bad either.

Also, the #igcseenglish trend on twitter after the first exam was hilarious - made me feel 110% better haha.

What did you guys think? Hoping for low grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I did both papers and also found the one yesterday to be a bit easier. I was expecting it to be worse and what's really worried that the descriptive writing prompts wouldn't be very good so I was really surprised as there was a good selection. I did the same one as you and I was really pleased with the city centre title.

I thought the paper on Tuesday went okay, it was a bit dull but I think it was fine. Hopefully the grade boundaries are low though!

Haha I felt exactly the same, I now follow Rufus Carmichael and Anuja on Twitter and some of the things that went up on social media were so funny.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, the paper 2 much was much easier because they mark your reading skills, but in the second paper every thimg related to your writing has to be perfect and that is relatively difficult

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.