The Student Room Group

Having lots of "culture minority" MPs is NOT good

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco
I dont follow? Are you saying there's Qs in those two posts you want answered?

A question in post 185, and a comment in post 189 that I feel merits a response, to be precise.
Original post by ridwan12
*continues to ignore 2nd half of my post*

"Recent immigrants were 45% less likely to receive state benefits or tax credits than people native to the UK and 3% less likely to live in social housing"

This show's they are more likely to benefit the UK than our own native citizen's, due to being 45% less likely to be dependent on the state and 3% less likely to take up social housing.

But people native to the UK cannot be exported out of the UK, whilst immigrants can be refused entry. Do you honestly not see the difference?

EVERY immigrant should contribute. Is this an alien concept or something??

Do you think if 500,000 Brits went to France and claimed benefits, the French would be fine with that? How about Poland, would they be cool with 500,000 Brits claiming benefits and causing the Poles to need to build more houses, schools and hospitals?

Seriously, do you think these countries would be fine with it?
Original post by Law-Hopeful
A question in post 185, and a comment in post 189 that I feel merits a response, to be precise.

Because the term "cultural minority" isn't really used.....
Really? Is that why so many people voted UKIP and the Tories and Labour had to adopt immigration policies because the British public love immigration so much? Because its part of our culture?

So you are saying that most of the people that voted UKIP agrees with their immigration policies? If you are saying that then if I were you I would stop this and closed the thread because you are embarrasing yourself.

You mean when Britain was actually a powerful and wealthy country and everybody had a job and houses were cheap? Wow, sounds dreadful.... :rolleyes:

POST WORLD WAR TWO. After WW2 Britain wad suffering, even you said it and thats why they opened their borders to the empire to hire people to get Britain better again. Even you said it, this post contradicts your previous points.
But my point was that you wouldn't be against the superseding of one culture by another if you didn't believe that the former culture was superior.

I already answered this. I said it was not ranking what was "better". This is Britain and Britain should have the culture Britain has had for years..... are you honestly saying you do not understand this? I mean..... really?
I already answered this. I said it was not ranking what was "better". This is Britain and Britain should have the culture Britain has had for years..... are you honestly saying you do not understand this? I mean..... really?

You didn't reply to my last post :confused:
Original post by MrMackyTv
So you are saying that most of the people that voted UKIP agrees with their immigration policies? If you are saying that then if I were you I would stop this and closed the thread because you are embarrasing yourself.

Why else would lefties call UKIP supporters racist, if they didnt think the majority of UKIP supporters support UKIP's immigration policy? :wink:

POST WORLD WAR TWO. After WW2 Britain wad suffering, even you said it and thats why they opened their borders to the empire to hire people to get Britain better again. Even you said it, this post contradicts your previous points.

No i didn't say this..... I haven't said anything regarding Britain immediately after WW2.

So you want to preserve a culture... For the sake of preserving? And you use your obsession with preserving this culture, which you are not defending on its merits, to stigmatise those of a different culture?

I would have a lot more respect for you if you made an attempt to explain why you believe your culture is superior to other cultures and should be preserved on that basis.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Because so many immigrants are low-skilled workers and most jobs open to them are low-paying. I don't see how it is viable that a minority of people in these sorts of jobs can offset a majority.

Harrods may be foreign owned, but I don't think that Al Fayed's contributions offset the 7.5 million immigrants who you seem to think are draining the economy.

All it takes is a handful of high net-contributers and they could offset MANY net-leechers......

There aren't 7.5 million immigrants here.... its about 1.5-2 million.
So you want to preserve a culture... For the sake of preserving? And you use your obsession with preserving this culture, which you are not defending on its merits, to stigmatise those of a different culture?

I would have a lot more respect for you if you made an attempt to explain why you believe your culture is superior to other cultures and should be preserved on that basis.

But I never said it was superior, so how can I?

Iberian/Mediterranean culture is much more family-orientated, does that mean I want it here? No.
Finally, you answer one of my posts, but you still haven't answered my yes or no question. Are you Islamophobic?

Why else
would lefties call UKIP supporters racist, if they didnt think the majority of UKIP supporters support UKIP's immigration policy? :wink:

They could support other policies but may not agree with their immagration policy but still vote UKIP. There are a few UKIP supporters claim they aren't racist.

No i didn't say this..... I haven't said anything regarding Britain immediately after WW2.

You did say it, look at your posts and you are sure to find it
Yes you have. You claimed in one post that you hate Muslims because of whats going on around the world. Again, you still haven't answered my simple yes or no question.

I did not say I hate Muslims..... I said I dislike the religion.

There is a difference.
(edited 8 years ago)
I did not say I hate Muslims..... I said I dislike the religion.

There is a difference.

Okay, maybe you didn't say that. But if you dislike the religion then aren't you Islamophobic? Yes or no?
Finally, you answer one of my posts, but you still haven't answered my yes or no question. Are you Islamophobic?

I disagree with any religion which is currently responsible for violence in 70 countries.

They could support other policies but may not agree with their immagration policy but still vote UKIP. There are a few UKIP supporters claim they aren't racist.

I said most UKIP supporters support their immigration policy. You/somebody else questioned this. But how can UKIP supporters be stereotyped as racist unless your stereotypical UKIP supporters supports their immigration policy? :rolleyes:

You did say it, look at your posts and you are sure to find it

The only time I said it was in the post you quoted me?!!? Before this I haven't referred back to old-Britain. If I am wrong feel free to show me because I cannot be bothered going through all the pages.
Okay, maybe you didn't say that. But if you dislike the religion then aren't you Islamophobic? Yes or no?

They are Islamophobic, do you really need to ask the racists that!
Original post by ILovePancakes
You didn't reply to my last post :confused:

Because he can't. Stop arguing with the racists. They have no sense. Ignore them and then they will shut up.
I disagree with any religion which is currently responsible for violence in 70 countries.

I said most UKIP supporters support their immigration policy. You/somebody else questioned this. But how can UKIP supporters be stereotyped as racist unless your stereotypical UKIP supporters supports their immigration policy? :rolleyes:

The only time I said it was in the post you quoted me?!!? Before this I haven't referred back to old-Britain. If I am wrong feel free to show me because I cannot be bothered going through all the pages.

Still haven't answered my question. Are you Islamophobic? If you don't know what it means please search it up and resoond to this question.

I have had enough for the night but I still disagree with your statement and it is clear you are against multicultralism even though Britain was the country that started it in the first place. I think you really need to study RS because right now you are blaming a religion for violence and you haven't even studied it so you can understand why it believes in what it believes in. Until then, people are going to label you as Islamophobic and relgious prejudist.
Guys, there is really no point arguing with these racists. They are probably trolling or are deluded. This is like arguing with the BNP or the National Front, they will always be stuck in their ways.

Don't give them attention so that they will realise noone actually cares about what they are saying. This worked with the BNP and all the other racist groups. Did you know the BNP had fewer votes than the Monster Raving Loony Party!

Now we just need to ignore UKIP as well and wait for it to decline!!!
Original post by HygieneTherapy15
YOURE deluded if you think UKIP is racist. Go educate yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Diddums, are you sad your Nigel didn't win his seat. Well tough, even South Thanet can't stand having a man that divides their community to represent them.

As the crowd shouted when they heard the results in South Thanet "BYE NIGEL, BYE!"
Original post by HygieneTherapy15
Ukip got the 3rd highest amount of votes totalling almost 4 million from across the country 👍 UKIP are the new 3rd party and I can't wait to see them grow :smile:

Yes they have a grand sum of one mp. And now Nigel is out we can have a proper debate about immigration instead of "(insert issue here) is caused by 1000000000 immigrants." This should be able to educate people better instead of the scaremongering led by Nigel. And ukip IS Nigel without him ukip is dead. BYE NIGEL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending