The Student Room Group

Having lots of "culture minority" MPs is NOT good

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CrystalMath101
I think you're wrongly informed, because the 2011 and recent census contradicts your point. Sorry but the white population still makes up the majority of London etc. So, no need to break out in sweats...there's still a loooooong way to go for what you suggested to actually happen. And probably it may never happen as people don't want any more migrants anyway...

In fact the 2011 census cites London as featuring 44.9% white British, with Leicester, Luton & Slough respectively on 45.1%, 44.6% and 34.5%.

Your denial is not worth anything. As Enoch Powell put it in his infamous speech:

The supreme function of statesmanship is to provide against preventable evils. In seeking to do so, it encounters obstacles which are deeply rooted in human nature.

One is that by the very order of things such evils are not demonstrable until they have occurred: at each stage in their onset there is room for doubt and for dispute whether they be real or imaginary. By the same token, they attract little attention in comparison with current troubles, which are both indisputable and pressing: whence the besetting temptation of all politics to concern itself with the immediate present at the expense of the future.

Above all, people are disposed to mistake predicting troubles for causing troubles and even for desiring troubles: "If only," they love to think, "if only people wouldn't talk about it, it probably wouldn't happen."
Original post by contradicta
Parliament consists of 7% non-white Mp's now-- they are hardly taking over.

The non white population of the UK is about 8% so it's pretty accurate representation. Do they not deserve any say? some of them have been here for decades and feel that they are truly British,

*13% non-white population, so not representative....
Original post by thesabbath
In fact the 2011 census cites London as featuring 44.9% white British, with Leicester, Luton & Slough respectively on 45.1%, 44.6% and 34.5%.

Your denial is not worth anything. As Enoch Powell put it in his infamous speech:

I'm not in denial, parliament is for the whole country and not just for these cities, so I don't think the ethnic minorities becoming an MP will hurt. Plus, isn't his quote kinda stupid. Does that mean in a school (let's take it as a microcosm of the whole country) if there was a possible trouble student (based on their background alone and not their personality) the teacher should keep anticipating the student to make trouble? So therefore should he/she be constantly condemning the pupil? What bull****. You can talk about it all you want I don't care. I'll talk about it with you but condemning something because you speculate it might happen is bull****. Because you're just branding people without knowing them.
Reply 43
Why do you think Labour are losing it? They're out of touch with their working class core vote which is being stolen by UKIP, instead of pandering to Muslims by segregating the sexes or to blacks by electing coloured MPs they should work on winning back their white working class core vote, it is only them who can put Labour back in government, the working class is sick of this social justice multiculturalism mass immigration crap.
Original post by ridwan12
*13% non-white population, so not representative....

Okay, I wasn't aware the statistic had changed (I admit mine was from a few years back). I'll make an edit
So, im guessing everyone here has done their britishness test as you all seem to be experts on what british values really are (not) ! I don't think it matters whether or not ethnic minorities are part of our Parliament as long as Britain continues to get their indian/ chinease curry, russian vodka and countless other foreign delicacies that we brits can't seem to live without :wink:
Original post by Skitee
What even is British society? Throughout history our British society has been formed thanks to influences from different cultures, societies and parts of the globe.

That's really not true. Our constitution emerged from political struggles that took place in the 17th century. That conflict, in its own day, was framed in terms of rights and liberties derived from documents from the 13th century and even from before the Norman Conquest. Britain's social and political development is substantially distinct even from that of Continental Europe, let alone countries it was barely aware of the existence of until long after it had taken its modern form.

It would be more accurate to say that Britain has remade much of the world to look like Britain.
Reply 47
Original post by aliakhan
So, im guessing everyone here has done their britishness test as you all seem to be experts on what british values really are (not) ! I don't think it matters whether or not ethnic minorities are part of our Parliament as long as Britain continues to get their indian/ chinease curry, russian vodka and countless other foreign delicacies that we brits can't seem to live without :wink:

Whats your point? The Middle East is full of American fast food chains, trade is a seperate issue to immigration.
The way identity politics has been played out is that all races apart from white (English) are permitted to organise and advocate for their shared ethnic interests. This typically sees calls for more people "like them" in positions of power.

What shared ethnic interests do you think white people should have?

White Britons are already a minority in cities such as London, Luton, Leicester and Slough. So either the nation casts aside its fear of being labelled racist, or its people are made a minority.

Why is it a problem if white people become a minority?
Original post by billydisco
Firstly, it depends on the phrase "ethnic minority". However, the point I am trying to make is that, considering how members of a certain culture **cough cough** don't exactly have a good record of integrating/adapting to the host culture, is it really smart if our Parliament is made up of people from different cultures? I would quite like Britain to retain its British culture. Thats very unlikely to happen if 400 MPs in Parliament do not embrace British culture.....

NB: Its not "waycist" to want your country to preserve its identity/culture.....

Why don't you elaborate on that *cough cough, now?
Reply 50
Original post by MsFahima
I think I should let you know that only about 5% of the UK is Muslims so I doubt they're going to taking over.

Thats over 3 million people...... so don't say "only".
Reply 51
Original post by The_Internet
If ethnic minorities were not integrating, then ethnic minorities would take absolutely zero interest in the political process

Whether somebody integrates is unrelated to their desire to influence the future of the UK.

For example, there are many people who wish to enforce Sharia Law on the UK.

-Are they integrating? No
-Are they trying to change the future of the UK? Yes

So your statement above is completely wrong.
Original post by Ritterschaft
Can't rep, I thought Cameron said 'multiculturalism doesn't work' a bit ago anyway, he's absolutely right, it causes racial animosity

Multiculturalism doesn't cause racial animosity. People do.
Original post by SHallowvale

Ordinarily, none. This subject has only arisen because of mass immigration into a formerly homogeneous nation.

Under the circumstances I can only go by Marxist identity politics as practised by non-whites and state that a shared interest would be wanting white British people in their homeland to remain the vast majority of the population and have that reflected in their institutions.

You're right, nothing whatsoever is a problem. Smoke another joint and pick up your Derrida. Just remember that theory and practice rarely intersect when it comes to extreme left ideology.
Original post by billydisco
Thats over 3 million people...... so don't say "only".

In particular, whilst the number is "only" 5%, it is 10% amongst under fives, ie the next generation of "Britons".
Reply 55
Original post by The_Internet
What exactly would be wrong with that, provided it's a party like the ones we have today, and not a party that is like say...Britain First (Who are classed as a political party)

Are Muslims not allowed to set up their own parties? (That many white English non Muslim people might agree with?)

Because Britain is not Islamic and we don't want Islamic politics here?
Reply 56
Original post by 98panashe
42/650 are from ethnic minorities. Where you plucked 400 from God knows, you appear to be totally deluded

And how many will it be in 2020?
How many in 2025?
etc
Original post by JTLeonMusic

Why do the multi-kulti keep trying to impose an ideology, which they know due to human nature will cause racial animosity, on previously homogeneous nations then?
Original post by JTLeonMusic

It is shared traits which are important
Reply 59

Not having their children raped and abused by Asian gangs for a start.

For the same reason its a problem if Japanese people became a minority in Japan, or a species of animal goes extinct, it is sad to see a group of people vanish in their homeland, expecially when it is done through government engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending