The Student Room Group

Having lots of "culture minority" MPs is NOT good

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by The_Internet
So you're saying all these people aren't British?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_minority_British_politicians

Oh look, the UK has had ethnic minority MP's as far back as...1790. What are your views on Boris Johnson btw? He's half Turkish

Having British citizenship doesn't mean you have British values....
Reply 61
Original post by Actaeon
Well, some Christians have already set up their political parties...

1) Christianity is on the decline here, Islam is on the rise.
2) Christianity is not responsible for terrorism on the scale Islam is
Original post by billydisco
Whether somebody integrates is unrelated to their desire to influence the future of the UK.

For example, there are many people who wish to enforce Sharia Law on the UK.

-Are they integrating? No
-Are they trying to change the future of the UK? Yes

So your statement above is completely wrong.

What in hell are you talking about. People like Sadiq Khan for instance (And many other Muslim MP's) have campaigned FOR gay marriage. There are Muslim MP's in the labour party, Muslims in the tories and MUslims in the lib dems. Shock horror. Muslims have differing views...

Besides ALL politicians try to change the future of the country they live in... No matter where you are on the globe, ALL politicians try to change the way things work in their country...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thesabbath
Ordinarily, none. This subject has only arisen because of mass immigration into a formerly homogeneous nation.

Under the circumstances I can only go by Marxist identity politics as practised by non-whites and state that a shared interest would be wanting white British people in their homeland to remain the vast majority of the population and have that reflected in their institutions.

So you think that white people should remain a majority. Which leads to...

Original post by thesabbath
You're right, nothing whatsoever is a problem. Smoke another joint and pick up your Derrida. Just remember that theory and practice rarely intersect when it comes to extreme left ideology.

I appreciate your sarcastic response but you have not answered the question. Why is it wrong for white people to become a minority? Or, why should it be within our shared interests to retain a homogeneous, majority white British nation?
Because Britain is not Islamic and we don't want Islamic politics here?
I specifically mentioned views that many white English non Muslims would have too... I was talking from a secular POV, and not a religious POV, and no we don't.We don't do religion and politics. Otherwise, we'd still be burning people at the stake, it'd be perfectly legal to sell your daughter as a prostitute, and it'd be OK to stone people for adultery (All Biblical punishments - not sure about the burning at the stake thing however)

Having British citizenship doesn't mean you have British values....

First, define what they are. Are you really saying that a dole dosser has the same values as a multi millionaire?

Secondly, evidently those MP's do as they are representing their constituents.
Original post by Feels
Not having their children raped and abused by Asian gangs for a start.

This is irrelevant to skin colour.

Original post by Feels
For the same reason its a problem if Japanese people became a minority in Japan, or a species of animal goes extinct, it is sad to see a group of people vanish in their homeland, expecially when it is done through government engineering.

Why is it a problem if the Japanese become a minority in Japan?

We're talking about white people becoming a minority, not becoming extinct. Although it's worth noting that the problem with extinction in nature is that it can cause major environmental consequences. For more information please see: bees.
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
this is one of the many reasons why ethnic minorities don't feel accepted in Britain kmt

Lol never though I would see 'kmt' on TSR
Reply 67
Original post by CrystalMath101
Because you're just branding people without knowing them.

So? Humans have always copied each other since the dawn of time.

For example, if you took most of the smokers in the UK, the majority would be uneducated (and probably Labour voters).

Most Staffordshire Bull terrirer owners are also typically uneducated chavs.....

Think I'm wrong? Ok, think back to the last few times where a child has been mauled by a dog:

-The dog was one of a particular dangerous breed
-The family were lower class/broken

Stereotypes exist
Reply 68
What in hell are you talking about. People like Sadiq Khan for instance (And many other Muslim MP's) have campaigned FOR gay marriage. There are Muslim MP's in the labour party, Muslims in the tories and MUslims in the lib dems. Shock horror. Muslims have differing views...

Besides ALL politicians try to change the future of the country they live in... No matter where you are on the globe, ALL politicians try to change the way things work in their country...

You said if somebody was not integrating then they would have no desire to influence the future of the UK. I just proved you are wrong.
Reply 69
Original post by SHallowvale

So a group of Asian men specifically targeted white girls for decades but it had NOTHING to do with skin colour? Delusional.
Reply 70
Original post by SHallowvale

The last five or six child-rape gangs have ALL been Asian. I think it was:

-Rochdale
-Oldham
-Rotherham
-Birmingham

(can't remember the others)

Go look it up
Oh wow yes, let us bash Muslim's etc. for all the harm they apparently do. The fact that you are all generalising millions of people via negative, xenophobically-driven connotations says a lot more about you.

Quite simply, we hear a lot about how ethnic minorities cause harm, but forget to look at ourselves as a race/nation. If someone from an ethnic minority does something, it's spotlighted by media, right-wing politicians etc.

I do not condone FGM, extremism or sex crimes, not in anyway shape or form. But the longer we simply pass those things off by blaming immigrants and ethnic minorities, we're missing the key problems. Blaming immigrants and ethnic minorities for things or thinking that it's somehow more socially significant when an individual person (who could be categorised as part of the ethnic minority) will not solve anything. Shifting the blame and scaremongering will do nothing. We must deal with issues that split communities apart, but racism and prejudice is hardly going to solve a thing.

The 'Great Britain' in which we live is founded on centuries upon centuries of multiculturalism.
Wise up.
You said if somebody was not integrating then they would have no desire to influence the future of the UK. I just proved you are wrong.

Erm, prove to me where I said that... I did however say ALL politicians try to influence the future of their country, no matter what country they're living in. That's one thing politicians have in common worldwide, whatever the political system.
Original post by JTLeonMusic

But the longer we simply pass those things off by blaming immigrants and ethnic minorities, we're missing the key problems. Blaming immigrants and ethnic minorities for things or thinking that it's somehow more socially significant when an individual person (who could be categorised as part of the ethnic minority) will not solve anything. Shifting the blame and scaremongering will do nothing. We must deal with issues that split communities apart, but racism and prejudice is hardly going to solve a thing.

This. Very much this. You can't help the victims by saying "Oh look at the race of the perpetrators" That's like saying "White people can't be trusted because who knows when they'll next start shooting up a school"
Reply 74
I specifically mentioned views that many white English non Muslims would have too... I was talking from a secular POV, and not a religious POV, and no we don't.We don't do religion and politics. Otherwise, we'd still be burning people at the stake, it'd be perfectly legal to sell your daughter as a prostitute, and it'd be OK to stone people for adultery (All Biblical punishments - not sure about the burning at the stake thing however)

Then what would the purpose of a Muslim political party be if it wasn't...... Islamic?

First, define what they are. Are you really saying that a dole dosser has the same values as a multi millionaire?

Its easier to say what they are not:

-No child marriages
-No FGM
-No Halal killings
-No child rape gangs
-No Sharia Law

Secondly, evidently those MP's do as they are representing their constituents.

You think the majority of constituents in somewhere like Tower Hamlets are what you'd call British? This is the place which flew the Palestinean flag from the council office, the ISIS flag on an estate and had rigged local elections? You trust the view of the people there to elect somebody good?

I think some people here are extremely naive as to how dangerous it is, what Labour did, with who has been allowed to live in this country......
Reply 75
billydisco

Erm, prove to me where I said that...

If ethnic minorities were not integrating, then ethnic minorities would take absolutely zero interest in the political process

Are you acting dumb on purpose?
Then what would the purpose of a Muslim political party be if it wasn't...... Islamic?

Its easier to say what they are not:

-No child marriages
-No FGM
-No Halal killings
-No child rape gangs
-No Sharia Law

You think the majority of constituents in somewhere like Tower Hamlets are what you'd call British? This is the place which flew the Palestinean flag from the council office, the ISIS flag on an estate and had rigged local elections? You trust the view of the people there to elect somebody good?

I think some people here are extremely naive as to how dangerous it is, what Labour did, with who has been allowed to live in this country......

Have you ever heard of this group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMSDOfficial/?fref=ts

Why do Christians also set up political parties that aren't Christian in nature? None of the main parties are. They are secular. Yet, some are ran by Christians (DC is Christian for instance)

Child marriages are illegal in the UK. It does not happen
FGM happens in Christian nations too. It's not an Islamic thing. It's also not a South Asian thing. It's an African thing. In Nigeria, some 55% of people who practise FGM are Christian
And perhaps not, but there's no real difference between halal meat, and say regular meat. If any thing, it's kosher meat where the animal isn't stunned
The last two are kinda funny. Whilst I wouldn't want any religious law to dictate the laws of the UK, those people who were perpetrators of child rape (or indeed any rape) would be executed under shariah law. Notice how there's no imams in those groups? No practising MUslims?

Should we generalise all Catholics as paedophiles,because some priests fiddled with kids, and unlike the Muslims you saw in the press, the priests are actually practising....

And you're saying they're "not British" based on their race/religion. You say "Oh people aren't integrating" but every step people make towards that, you don't actually let them integrate. It's no wonder people don't want to integrate when they're pushed away by views from yourself.

What exactly is wrong with flying a Palestinian flag? Sure, this is the UK and not Palestine, but the Palestine issue is quite important to many people in the UK, including white English non Muslim people. I know an Atheist who had a Palestine badge. This is the UK, where we have freedom of expression. It seems that you want to curtail that
Original post by Feels
So a group of Asian men specifically targeted white girls for decades but it had NOTHING to do with skin colour? Delusional.

The last five or six child-rape gangs have ALL been Asian. I think it was:

-Rochdale
-Oldham
-Rotherham
-Birmingham

(can't remember the others)

Go look it up

Ok, but what does any of this have to do with white people becoming a minority? Does it really need saying that not all non-white people are violent rapists that target white girls? :confused:
Like it or not, Britain is made up of a lot of ethnic minorities. For this reason, we NEED their representation in parliment. Only BME folks can possibly understand the struggles faced in communities largely consisting of ethnic minorities. We are a multi-cultural nation and I would personally like to see MP's represent this.
Are you acting dumb on purpose?

I was getting at that IF ethnic minorities were not integrating, then we would see no ethnic minorities becoming politicians..

Im saying that IF ethnic minorities are getting involved in politis, they are actually integrating and are interested in the future of this country (or countries) Simples..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending