Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Last year when applying to universities I got decent grades at as, AAAB, and have been accepted onto my dream course at my dream university, with requirements A*AA

Since then I've had a really tough year, and have been struggling with mental health issues, and given exam time has approached I really don't know how I'm going to cope and if I'm even going to get my predicted grades - as I've never had to deal with so much before.

I dont know whether to drop out, just carry on and deal with not getting in, or talk to my university? It's UCL so I'm extra nervous that they wouldn't consider me twice. Would mentioning it just jeopardise my application straight away? Reluctant to talk to my teachers at college, and just asking on here anonymously in the hope someone has any suggestions.

Any ideas would really help - thanks for any suggestions I guess, ha :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You probably would be better off taking the exams I mean you've got this far...Your mental health issues as you put it could get you special consideration if you can prove it if you don't you can retake or get your paper remarked (although marks can go up as well as down) the other point is they have offered you a place already even if you miss your marks you could still be accepted it happens quite a lot if you don't get in you need a back up plan.

You could go through clearing or even defer and retake this year maybe meeting your offer. Do chat to the uni about this they may amend the offer but probably not without a doctors note.

whatever you do don't drop out now if you do you won't get the grade you won't even have the chance if you take the exams at least theres a chance good luck.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.