Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone bother remembering where the bible quotes come from or will just saying the quotes be ok.?

ReputationRep:
    I learnt some bible quotes to impress the examiners, but they are not necessary. You get still get full marks on questions without biblical references.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taylortron99)
    I learnt some bible quotes to impress the examiners, but they are not necessary. You get still get full marks on questions without biblical references.
    Which ones did you learn?

ReputationRep:
    I'm remembering some what exam board are you doing? I'm doing Edexcel- based on religion and life of Roman Catholic Christianity(unit 3). I was told you don't need to get the quotes exactly perfect just so they are along the right lines.

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother with learning references apart from which testament they are in so that you know if it applies to a Jewish view also. Learn a few universal quotes eg 2 per unit and use them throughout eg "love thy neighbour", "thou shall not kill"- also as the bible is written in many different versions with slight alternative wording if you only remember the gist of a quote still write it in the exam as you will not be penalised. Eg "love your neighbour" or "do not kill" would still count as quotes.

Quotes from literature or television or history sometimes also get you marks if they are relevant in a world view response or a religious response eg "I have a dream" from Martin Luther King Jr would get you marks on a Christian response if explained.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing OCR. You need to know quotes but not where they are from.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing aqa so I don't know how it varies but we are expected to know:
    1) The quote (obviously )
    2) The religion its from
    3) The holy text where its from

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing OCR

ReputationRep:
    I do Wjec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RKM21)
    Which ones did you learn?
    For Unit 3, I have learnt biblical references such as: Galatians 3: 28 where it states; "There is...no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus". I will link this to the Liberal Protestant view on women in religion, for example. However, I'm doing Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taylortron99)
    For Unit 3, I have learnt biblical references such as: Galatians 3: 28 where it states; "There is...no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus". I will link this to the Liberal Protestant view on women in religion, for example. However, I'm doing Edexcel.
    I'm not planning on learning the quotations. It's getting a little tense, it's the key terms i'm worried about. I was confident a week ago now I left my revision book at school :/ I've got nothing left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeetingman)
    I'm not planning on learning the quotations. It's getting a little tense, it's the key terms i'm worried about. I was confident a week ago now I left my revision book at school :/ I've got nothing left.
    Check out McMillianREVis on YouTube and make notes based on his videos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeetingman)
    Quotes aren't hard to learn you just have to know how (Y). Select 5-10 short ones off of google.
    1) say it aloud 20 times
    2) look at it and say it aloud then don't look at it and say it aloud (repeat X10)
    3) say five times perfectly

= in you memory gl man 😊

ReputationRep:
    It's the ones like religious pluralism and which Christian group it falls into, things are difficult without my revision book.

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.