RE 11th May - Quick Question Watch

RKM21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone bother remembering where the bible quotes come from or will just saying the quotes be ok.?
greentron6
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I learnt some bible quotes to impress the examiners, but they are not necessary. You get still get full marks on questions without biblical references.
RKM21
Rep:
?
(Original post by taylortron99)
I learnt some bible quotes to impress the examiners, but they are not necessary. You get still get full marks on questions without biblical references.
Which ones did you learn?
parrot16
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm remembering some what exam board are you doing? I'm doing Edexcel- based on religion and life of Roman Catholic Christianity(unit 3). I was told you don't need to get the quotes exactly perfect just so they are along the right lines.
student2678
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't bother with learning references apart from which testament they are in so that you know if it applies to a Jewish view also. Learn a few universal quotes eg 2 per unit and use them throughout eg "love thy neighbour", "thou shall not kill"- also as the bible is written in many different versions with slight alternative wording if you only remember the gist of a quote still write it in the exam as you will not be penalised. Eg "love your neighbour" or "do not kill" would still count as quotes.

Quotes from literature or television or history sometimes also get you marks if they are relevant in a world view response or a religious response eg "I have a dream" from Martin Luther King Jr would get you marks on a Christian response if explained.
4nonymous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im doing OCR. You need to know quotes but not where they are from.
Ribenas
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am doing aqa so I don't know how it varies but we are expected to know:
1) The quote (obviously )
2) The religion its from
3) The holy text where its from

Hope this helped
RKM21
Rep:
?
I'm doing OCR
student2678
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do Wjec
greentron6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RKM21)
Which ones did you learn?
For Unit 3, I have learnt biblical references such as: Galatians 3: 28 where it states; "There is...no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus". I will link this to the Liberal Protestant view on women in religion, for example. However, I'm doing Edexcel.
Zeetingman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by taylortron99)
For Unit 3, I have learnt biblical references such as: Galatians 3: 28 where it states; "There is...no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus". I will link this to the Liberal Protestant view on women in religion, for example. However, I'm doing Edexcel.
I'm not planning on learning the quotations. It's getting a little tense, it's the key terms i'm worried about. I was confident a week ago now I left my revision book at school :/ I've got nothing left.
greentron6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zeetingman)
I'm not planning on learning the quotations. It's getting a little tense, it's the key terms i'm worried about. I was confident a week ago now I left my revision book at school :/ I've got nothing left.
Check out McMillianREVis on YouTube and make notes based on his videos!
Ribenas
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zeetingman)
Quotes aren't hard to learn you just have to know how (Y). Select 5-10 short ones off of google.
1) say it aloud 20 times
2) look at it and say it aloud then don't look at it and say it aloud (repeat X10)
3) say five times perfectly

= in you memory gl man 😊
Zeetingman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's the ones like religious pluralism and which Christian group it falls into, things are difficult without my revision book.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (404)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (1035)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (483)
22.22%
It was TERRIBLE (252)
11.59%

Watched Threads