Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, would you reject a guy if he stumbled/stuttered while speaking to you? watch

ReputationRep:
    Say a guy approached you but he was basically really nervous as he wanted to create a good impression, however ended up doing this. Would you think, "he seems to lack confidence so I wouldn't want to get with him" or along those lines, just wondering...

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't reject him lol It'd be kind of cute and I'd appreciate the effort he put into trying to talk to me. Shows he has some confidence in there.

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of other things to consider than just that in deciding if I'm attracted to someone. That on its own probably wouldn't put me off.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all! I stutter too so it would be weird if I did
    It would be quite cute too

(Original post by Multitalented me)
    Say a guy approached you but he was basically really nervous as he wanted to create a good impression, however ended up doing this. Would you think, "he seems to lack confidence so I wouldn't want to get with him" or along those lines, just wondering...
    Why go for beta when you can have alpha?

ReputationRep:
    of course not, especially considering I trip over words when speaking all the time

ReputationRep:
    If he had an actual stutter then no course not

If he was like this a lot I probably wouldn't be into him cos I like men who are confident in themselves. I do get men quite nervous around me and it can be a bit of a drag, I don't like feeling like a guy is intimidated by me, I want to know who he is

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I think it's pretty sweet.

ReputationRep:
    It definitely wouldn't stop me from considering a guy on it's own. I've dated shy guys before and provided they're not shy to the point they can't leave the house, which is problematic, it's no issue. In fact it may even swing towards their favour if they're blatantly nervous but bit the bullet and spoke to me anyway, that shows a lot more courage in my eyes than a pitch perfect delivery.

ReputationRep:
    Its cute.

ReputationRep:
    I'd find it endearing that he was so nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EraseMeElysion)
    It definitely wouldn't stop me from considering a guy on it's own. I've dated shy guys before and provided they're not shy to the point they can't leave the house, which is problematic, it's no issue. In fact it may even swing towards their favour if they're blatantly nervous but bit the bullet and spoke to me anyway, that shows a lot more courage in my eyes than a pitch perfect delivery.
    I agree with that. Although I've only really been with confident guys (apart from one), I think it would show a lot of courage for a guy like that to put in the effort and try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    No, I wouldn't reject him lol It'd be kind of cute and I'd appreciate the effort he put into trying to talk to me. Shows he has some confidence in there.
    AGREED it would show confidence and courage - FINE BY ME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judomandeano)
    AGREED it would show confidence and courage - FINE BY ME
    Hey gurlfriend, how've you been? x

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be bothered at all kindness and humour are the most important qualities to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As long as he's cute why not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    Hey gurlfriend, how've you been? x
    I am all good, all the better for hearing from you x

ReputationRep:
    I know this get passed around a lot but confidence is everything.

Stumbling or stuttering kind of suggests that a normally non-confident guy is really making an effort. The initiative to talk with this kind of personality shows a girl a different type of confidence, aka you think they're worth the difficulty talking to them (difficulty as in a personal difficulty talking to girls, not "omg talking to this girl makes me want to blow my own brains out" difficult).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judomandeano)
    I am all good, all the better for hearing from you x
    Awww, thanks hun. x

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure I could take his mind off his stutter

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 11, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.