Turn on thread page Beta

How long does it take for Tesco to reply after an Interview? watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently I applied for a part time job at Tesco, the manager phoned me the next morning and invited me to an interview. I went to the interview and it all went well (I would say), this is the second day since the interview, how long does it take for them to reply? and should I be worried because they haven't replied yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SDavis98)
    Recently I applied for a part time job at Tesco, the manager phoned me the next morning and invited me to an interview. I went to the interview and it all went well (I would say), this is the second day since the interview, how long does it take for them to reply? and should I be worried because they haven't replied yet?
    Hi there,
    I got a job offer exactly one week after the interview, however it may be different in every tesco depending on the number of applicants or interviews conducted. Just be patient and wait a few more days. But most of all good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaffledPenguin)
    Hi there,
    I got a job offer exactly one week after the interview, however it may be different in every tesco depending on the number of applicants or interviews conducted. Just be patient and wait a few more days. But most of all good luck!
    Thanks a lot, he did say to me it would be up to one week for them to reply although I took it that if its 7 days then I most likely would't have got the job. Maybe I am just thinking negatively haha :P Thanks for the comment and fingers crossed Good luck with you employment too

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot, he did say to me it would be up to one week for them to reply although I took it that if its 7 days then I most likely would't have got the job. Maybe I am just thinking negatively haha :P Thanks for the comment and fingers crossed Good luck with you employment too
    You're very welcome, glad I could be of some help! Thank you 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaffledPenguin)
    You're very welcome, glad I could be of some help! Thank you 😊
    Thanks for your help, on Monday I had a call from the manager and he offered me the job It only took 5 days in the end phew. Thanks and I'm very happy I got the job Bye

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help, on Monday I had a call from the manager and he offered me the job It only took 5 days in the end phew. Thanks and I'm very happy I got the job Bye
    Congratulations! See the wait was worth it 😆 good luck with your employment!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to jump on your post, nobody has replied to me and I'm anxious

Looking for some advice.

I had an interview Friday afternoon with a local Tesco superstore for a role on the beauty department. I only applied for the role the morning before and received the phone call that afternoon and was pleased with the quick response. I've had many retail jobs during my time at uni, so was prepared for the usual questions, 'tell me about a time when' etc. However, the department manager interviewing me simply told me all about the department and that it is sales driven because the salon is a 'new' enterprise for Tesco, and asked me what hours I can work and if I'm shocked by what she had told me. I explained that I wasn't as I'd previously worked for a beauty company and was used to meeting sales targets, and she told me she'd worked in the same store as me before working for Tesco and we talked about a colleague who was a mutual work 'friend' and she said that'll be all, thanks for coming. She didn't ask me anything and I didn't feel I had the chance to sell myself. I've never had an interview like it, has anyone else experienced anything similar? I thought the questions were typical protocol for companies like this, so I'm now not sure whether to take the interview as a positive or a negative.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.