Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else noticed that the majority of famous rappers like Eminem, Jay-Z, Kanye West, etc best albums were their early ones? And does anyone have any good rap albums that they would recommend as I'm getting really bored with what I'm listening to at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    This isn't exclusive to rappers. Many artists make their best work around the start of their career.

That said Kanyes best album was his fifth so I wouldn't say he counts.

Not sure what you're currently listening to but I'd recommend; To Pimp A Butterfly (Kendrick Lamar), Licensed To Ill (Beastie Boys), A History Of Violence (Jedi Mind Tricks), Run The Jewels II (Run The Jewels) and Keep It Zipped (Zach De La Rocha). Keep It Zipped is an unofficial compilation of his post-Rage Against The Machine work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    This isn't exclusive to rappers. Many artists make their best work around the start of their career.

That said Kanyes best album was his fifth so I wouldn't say he counts.

Not sure what you're currently listening to but I'd recommend; To Pimp A Butterfly (Kendrick Lamar), Licensed To Ill (Beastie Boys), A History Of Violence (Jedi Mind Tricks), Run The Jewels II (Run The Jewels) and Keep It Zipped (Zach De La Rocha). Keep It Zipped is an unofficial compilation of his post-Rage Against The Machine work.
    Yeah I guess it is a rule that applies to the majority of artists, no matter what the genre. And thank you for the suggestions, will give them a listen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will24)
    Has anyone else noticed that the majority of famous rappers like Eminem, Jay-Z, Kanye West, etc best albums were their early ones? And does anyone have any good rap albums that they would recommend as I'm getting really bored with what I'm listening to at the moment.

Thanks in advance!
    Childish Gambino - Because the Internet. also check out his new mixtape 'kauai'

favourite rapper atm - no one really matches him imo

also recommend to pimp a butterfly and run the jewels as the previous post suggested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alleykat606)
    Childish Gambino - Because the Internet. also check out his new mixtape 'kauai'

favourite rapper atm - no one really matches him imo

also recommend to pimp a butterfly and run the jewels as the previous post suggested
    I really liked Because the Internet and To Pimp A Butterfly, best song being 'Mortal Man' imo. Will give run the jewels a listen, thanks for the suggestion

ReputationRep:
    try mf doom. he's my probably my favourite rapper of all time. his lyrical skills are incredible and his beats are really well made and show how effective sampling can be. he's got a load of stuff out under loads of different aliases but id start with "operation : doomsday".

also try earl sweatshirt. his latest release "i dont like ****, i dont go outside" is really good. it's also worth checking out his older stuff.

and like the other poster said jedi mind tricks and run the jewels are both pretty good too.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.