Igcse science double award

Watch this thread
Fliss1988
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ahhhh, next Tuesday I have both my IGCSE ICT Practical Exam and also my first IGCSE Science Paper which is Paper 1b.

Does anyone know what this paper will contain? Past papers for 1b state its Biolgy, is this likely to be the same?

I've self taught but gave up half way through so now I'm worrying!!! Does anyone know of any solutions to learning new things quickly?

I think I'll be OK for the ICT it's the Science I'm worrying about.
Sara_PLL
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Fliss1988)
Ahhhh, next Tuesday I have both my IGCSE ICT Practical Exam and also my first IGCSE Science Paper which is Paper 1b.

Does anyone know what this paper will contain? Past papers for 1b state its Biolgy, is this likely to be the same?

I've self taught but gave up half way through so now I'm worrying!!! Does anyone know of any solutions to learning new things quickly?

I think I'll be OK for the ICT it's the Science I'm worrying about.
if its edexcel, the biology paper is on tuesday and chemistry on thursday. im doing triple science so i have the same exams and a few more
Fliss1988
Rep:
Yep - sounds about right because I have one on Thursday too!
What times are your exams? I guess there the same.

I also have one next week Tuesday and Thursday.

Do you have any tips for revision?
Sara_PLL
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yep - sounds about right because I have one on Thursday too!
What times are your exams? I guess there the same.

I also have one next week Tuesday and Thursday.

Do you have any tips for revision?
cant remember exactly but i think they are in the afternoon. For tips i think you should learn a lot of key words and watch revision videos on youtube and go through the specification and make notes on it. Thats what i have done
Fliss1988
Rep:
Hi - does anyone know how IGCSE Double Award is marked?

I know I have completely failed the Biology Paper - which i definitely have a poor score for.

Chemistry slightly better but nowhere more than 50 marks!

Next week Inhave paper three.

will all marks just be combined?
CallumKirkup
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi - does anyone know how IGCSE Double Award is marked?

I know I have completely failed the Biology Paper - which i definitely have a poor score for.

Chemistry slightly better but nowhere more than 50 marks!

Next week Inhave paper three.

will all marks just be combined?
I'm resitting my Science Double Award, they add up all three scores and mark down your grade which can be BB If you got around 190 marks across the board.
Fliss1988
Rep:
So it's across the board? Basically overall mark when adding each paper up?

so if I got 20 for chemistry and 40 for biology but got 110/120 for the last paper I could still get a good grade? That's just an example
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (215)
42.41%
The paper was reasonable (219)
43.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (46)
9.07%
It was TERRIBLE (27)
5.33%

Watched Threads