Turn on thread page Beta

Are scooters now a socially acceptable method of transport? (in London) watch

ReputationRep:
    From my experience, the number people getting around London using scooters has increased quite a bit over the past year or so.

I think this is the first time someone in the public eye has been seen using them:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rns-No-10.html

Zoolander called it!

ReputationRep:
    If you ask me, it's a very undignified method of transport (the same is true in the case of bicycles).

Cars ftw!

ReputationRep:
    I ride a scooter. Tbh, since when did it become socially acceptable to decide what modes of transport are socially acceptable? If you don't want to ride a scooter then don't, your opinion on others doing so is completely irrelevant. Scooters are practical, fun, and safe, unlike public transport, driving and cycling (in big cities at any rate). Also, and primarily, they're cheap and portable. No wasting hours of your life chaining them up or filling them with petrol.

ReputationRep:
    Scooters were kinda in fashion during the late 90s, then disappeared for a while (from my observations, anyway). Over the past couple of years they've come back big time, and I personally think that the world would be a better place if everyone rode a scooters. Everyone would have hardened ankles after taking knocks from the bloody things when they swing around unexpectedly, and it's impossible to look angry while riding a scooter.

She looks like she's having fun, and why not? I want to see Gove turning up to Westminster on a longboard, and Ummuna blading around Downing Street during his lunchbreak. Politics would be a lot more fun if extreme sports were thrown into the mix. **** the Mercedes, take your banana board to work!

ReputationRep:
    Any adult who rides a scooter needs to grow up and realise they look like a ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.