The Student Room Group

ADHD Stops me from revising

ergh its just hard to revise every-time i try to it just doesn't work, and yh i do take the medicine but it doesn't help that much
it's hard for adhd sufferers to discipline themselves at all. I guess a start is to lock yourself and all your learning materials in a room where you have no access to the Internet for 2 hours
Reply 2
Original post by TheBlackRose
ergh its just hard to revise every-time i try to it just doesn't work, and yh i do take the medicine but it doesn't help that much

Same! Cant keep still and always get distracted :frown:

Then when i feel like doing revision 5 minutes later i cannot be F*cked. What a piss take

What medicine do you take? I take dexamphetamine
Cold showers
Smash your phone
Go and revise with a friend
Reply 4
Original post by Ritterschaft
Cold showers
Smash your phone
Go and revise with a friend

lol wtf

:stupid:
Original post by db_F40
lol wtf

:stupid:

Cold showers: less stress
Smash phone: less procrastinating
Revise with friends: obvious
Reply 6
yhh it can be really difficult however its all about the mind set/state...

think of your exams being this ... a couple of letters on a piece of paper (hopefully with a couple of stars next to it that will pretty much .. for the majority of people decide what they do/become once you finish your exams how free will you be :smile: you can do whatever u want put the effort in now and u will never regret it .. Mindstate "think"
Reply 7
Original post by Ritterschaft
Cold showers: less stress
Smash phone: less procrastinating
Revise with friends: obvious

Cold showers dont help :P

Smashing my phone will be regretful, parents will get pissed lol
Revising wit friends is so much worse.
Reply 8
Set smaller goals, e.g. by the end of the day, I should have revised these topics/ subjects. This might help you to focus.
i would say to do revision in small bursts with plenty of breaks, say do 25 minutes and then a 5 minute break and repeat or try even less find what time you can concentrate for solidly and work with that trying to do long stretches of revision will be working against your adhd. ( i dont have it myself but i have dyslexia and dyspraxia so guess my concetration isnt quite normal and plenty of breaks helps me)
Also try doing more fun revision say do practical things like flashcards and quizlet is a brilliant website.
How long have you been on your medicine, if its a while and its not working so well i d say go ask your gp if they ll consider switching you to something else?

Quick Reply

Latest