Turn on thread page Beta

Tesco Interview - Never Experienced Anything Like It; Any Advice? watch

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview yesterday afternoon with a local Tesco superstore for a role on the beauty department. I only applied for the role the morning before and received the phone call that afternoon and was pleased with the quick response. I've had many retail jobs during my time at uni, so was prepared for the usual questions, 'tell me about a time when' etc. However, the department manager interviewing me simply told me all about the department and that it is sales driven because the salon is a 'new' enterprise for Tesco, and asked me what hours I can work and if I'm shocked by what she had told me. I explained that I wasn't as I'd previously worked for a beauty company and was used to meeting sales targets, and she told me she'd worked in the same store as me before working for Tesco and we talked about a colleague who was a mutual work 'friend' and she said that'll be all, thanks for coming. She didn't ask me anything and I didn't feel I had the chance to sell myself. I've never had an interview like it, has anyone else experienced anything similar? I thought the questions were typical protocol for companies like this, so I'm now not sure whether to take the interview as a positive or a negative.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.