Turn on thread page Beta

How to reduce UNBEARABLE anxiety. In need of DESPERATE help watch

I suffer from Bipolar depression.. one of the worst things I have to deal with is UNBEARABLE anxiety generally. I'm sure you can imagine how much worse my anxiety gets with exam stress.

I really don't know how to cope.. the thing that frustrates me the most is that I understand the content. However, I can barely concentrate and if im not studying I become extremely anxious that i'm not doing enough and I can barely breathe. This is my final exam as well and I'm in my final year of uni..

My exam is on Thursday too... and my dissertation is due Friday. I have 2000 words left to write before then.

i'm sure if I could somehow remain calm I could maybe do something... but honestly right now the anxiety is eating me up and I can't deal with this..

I really doubt i'm gonna be able to get any medication that could help me before then. does anyone have any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I suffer from Bipolar depression.. one of the worst things I have to deal with is UNBEARABLE anxiety generally. I'm sure you can imagine how much worse my anxiety gets with exam stress.

I really don't know how to cope.. the thing that frustrates me the most is that I understand the content. However, I can barely concentrate and if im not studying I become extremely anxious that i'm not doing enough and I can barely breathe. This is my final exam as well and I'm in my final year of uni..

My exam is on Thursday too... and my dissertation is due Friday. I have 2000 words left to write before then.

i'm sure if I could somehow remain calm I could maybe do something... but honestly right now the anxiety is eating me up and I can't deal with this..

I really doubt i'm gonna be able to get any medication that could help me before then. does anyone have any suggestions?
    if you go to A&E they have anxiolytics there ?

ReputationRep:

download an app called calm

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from anxiety too, it's terrible, but I think the best thing you can do is try to control your mind to the best of your ability.

Keeping busy ALWAYS helps too!

ReputationRep:

I really wouldn't recommend starting medication so soon before your exam/dissertation deadline. SSRIs take 6-8weeks to take effect and often have unpleasant side effects for the first few weeks and a benzo is just gonna relax you way too much and can have a detrimental effect on your memory (the last thing you want right now!).

Have you tried something like drawing up a revision timetable with frequent rest breaks? While it can be tempting to try and work constantly, people need breaks to relax and absorb the information and you shouldn't feel guilty about taking these breaks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.