Turn on thread page Beta

Never wanted a girlfriend and still don't - 21 years old. Normal? watch

As title says. Anyone else like me?

I am straight before anyone asks.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's fairly normal. Most people have probably had some romantic experience by 21 but not all. And while I'm not really in the same boat, I don't see anything wrong with you.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Idk if its normal or not, what I do know is that it doesn't matter if its normal or not.

Good luck with your life mate.

ReputationRep:
    It's not normal and it's not weird, just do what you want, have your own style

ReputationRep:
    It's not normal, no.

ReputationRep:
    it's OK, no one's forcing you to be romantic with other people

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm 23 and I wouldn't mind settling down with a TOP lass

ReputationRep:
    Guess it's not common but I wouldn't worry. I am 19 and whilst I had 2 small relationships in school, since then I've never really wanted to bother with romance

ReputationRep:
    It may not be the sheep mentality, but it's the mentality of a wolf. Be out in this world for yourself, and ONLY yourself. A girlfriend would probably be a burden, but obviously smashing randoms is recommended.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, you're perfectly normal. Just because it's the sociocultural norm to have multiple partners in your teens/20s doesn't mean you're abnormal for not following that trend. I'm asexual so I don't really go in for that sort of thing, and that's fine.

Sounds like I am normal then. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't follow this "Sheep Behaviour", I don't like doing things by the norm. I have lots of friends who go and settle down, get comfortable when they are early 20's. This may be the worst things I could imagine doing. There are some people who can't stand being alone, these a boring people who hope from relationship to relationship because they can't stand their own company!

I mean I'm not opposed to relationships, but I'd have to meet someone practically identical to myself. One thing I can't stand is someone giving me sh*t for stupid reasons, and I've put plenty of Supervisors/Managers in their place and walked a few jobs due to this, and getting that in my own free time, damn!

"Behind every man there is a strong woman" - I have yet to meet a woman who could even attempt to try stand on par with my awesomeness!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I was actually like this up & till the age of 21, I was more interested in my career, hobbies, etc. Only recently I've been like "gosh I'm getting old, it would be nice to have some company..." So yeah I don't think there's anything wrong with you or anything. Just live life on you terms really!

ReputationRep:
    Wel,, it's obviously not normal under any 'normal' definition of normal. Normal being the majority or even just common, it is neither of those. But so what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShotsFired-9941)
    Well I'm 23 and I wouldn't mind settling down with a TOP lass
    But where will you find her!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's not common, but it's normal.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everybody has their preferences.

(Original post by RayApparently)
    Idk if its normal or not, what I do know is that it doesn't matter if its normal or not.

Good luck with your life mate.
    It's not normal Ray, the guy just isn't normal

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.