The Student Room Group

Westminster ignorance of the SNP will break up the UK

If this re-elected Tory government doesn't recognise what happened north of the border at the General Election and realise it's not just a bunch of Nationalist's sticking the finger up at England then Scotland will be independent in the next 10 years.

The SNP did not win their 56 seats campaigning for independence, they done it with policies on anti-austerity, anti-trident and full fiscal autonomy.

Should Westminster continue their narrow minded view of the SNP and Scotland then they will only have themselves to blame for the increasing pressure for another Referendum and Scotland won't be brainwashed in to voting NO again.
How does Westminster ignore Scotland?

Most of the issues that the SNP grief white about are devolved issues.

i wasn't brainwashed into voting no. I made a balanced approach.

it says something about the yeSNPs campaign when they had to resort to telling lies to get people to vote for them.
I never said Scotland is ignored, the point I was making is that the Conservatives can't afford to ignore what happened in Scotland if they want to keep the UK together.

Not everyone that voted for the SNP want's independence, but clearly people now see them as the only party in Scotland that can properly represent them in Westminster and not just be a puppet from London.

And Labour and the Tories don't lie to win support?
Original post by Philsosophy90
I never said Scotland is ignored, the point I was making is that the Conservatives can't afford to ignore what happened in Scotland if they want to keep the UK together.

Not everyone that voted for the SNP want's independence, but clearly people now see them as the only party in Scotland that can properly represent them in Westminster and not just be a puppet from London.

And Labour and the Tories don't lie to win support?

No they can't..... if they are wise they will give the people what they promised them, the ones who they tricked them into voting NO .

Labour will never recover in Scotland to the extent they controlled Scotland before... They showed their true colours, were in cahoots with the Tories and that stuck in a lot of peoples throats.

Scotland has a buzz about it now, people are engaged in politics now, there is a momentum which started with the YES campaigners and which has continued and grown since.
No one's arm was twisted up their backs to vote SNP but they did in their thousands.

You can always trust Westminster to slip up and the pro-indy where sitting back waiting.

No ulster unionists coming over to register to vote, no BNP's coming up to register to vote.. your orange lodge couldn't control it this time.

Next year we have the 16yr olds back on the screen to vote and the biggest part of them are pro-indy..
Unionists have no idea what to do about it now if they can
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't particularly want a failed communist State with an EU fetish north of the border, but the Tories should scrap Barnett and give the Scottish Neds Party full fiscal autonomy as soon as possible, and watch them explain away the £8bn black hole to their frothing voter base as their "free" stuff becomes unsustainable. A bit of responsibility never did anyone any harm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending