The whole 'lock the Tories out of number 10' was a rouse.
1. Appeal to idealistic Scottish sentiments and takeover most of the Scottish seats.
2. Get the Tories elected by cutting off Labour's sacred cow of Scotland.
3. Allow a Tory government to do what it wants unopposed (watch how the SNP MPs go silent in Westminster).
4. Attack Tory policy north of the border.
5. Stall devolution so that not all powers are devolved (which would make Westminster less responsible for failings in Scotland).
6. Watch as Scots grow increasingly discontented that they are governed by a Westminster Tory government.
7. Get elected to the Scottish devolved government on a second referendum platform.
8. Scotland goes independent on an anti-Tory sentiment.
Turn on thread page Beta
The SNP's aims are absolutely going to plan watch
- Thread Starter
- 09-05-2015 18:43
- 09-05-2015 19:04
9. Scotland joins the EU, and is governed from Brussels.
- Political Ambassador
- 09-05-2015 21:31
The only way Sturgeon and Salmond can justify a second referendum is by creating a situation in which they can scapegoat Westminster to such a degree that the Scottish population demand a referendum because they think the problem lies with Westminster, when really it's a little closer to home.
Usually I think these conspiracy theories are laughable, but it really wouldn't surprise me at all if this was all one big ploy to heighten nationalism in Scotland, ultimately leading to the independence of Scotland.