Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Anyone for Sept 2015 Nursing , can you please give headsup assessment on the maths and literacy.

How was the setup of the interview,

Do we get group interview , what was it like, how about the individual interview, questions.

Any thing small will be soooo helpful,

Iam matured and so nervous about the maths , and i dont seem to see any links to practice,

Please anyone

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about Essex specifically (although I have done literacy and numeracy for other uni's) but as you have no responses yet:
    The maths is generally GSCE standard and there are website such as Bitesize maths to revise those distant classroom experiences of long multiplication, fractions so that you can do them confidently and at a reasonable pace.The literacy can take various forms, reading, comprehension and a writing or a multiple choice assignment.
    As with everything check you read the question, that you read what you thought you read and you are halfway there in no wasting marks on being caught out by wording.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AuroraLeeGreen)
    I don't know about Essex specifically (althoupractice

have done literacy and numeracy for other uni's) but as you have no responses yet:
    The maths is generally GSCE standard and there are website such as Bitesize maths to revise those distant classroom experiences of long multiplication, fractions so that you can do them confidently and at a reasonable pace.The literacy can take various forms, reading, comprehension and a writing or a multiple choice assignment.
    As with everything check you read the question, that you read what you thought you read and you are halfway there in no wasting marks on being caught out by wording.

Aah you are a nurse at heart, thank you, I will certainly take your advise, practice.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiaa911)
    Hi guys

Anyone for Sept 2015 Nursing , can you please give headsup assessment on the maths and literacy.

How was the setup of the interview,

Do we get group interview , what was it like, how about the individual interview, questions.

Any thing small will be soooo helpful,

Iam matured and so nervous about the maths , and i dont seem to see any links to practice,

Please anyone
    Hello , how was your interview at university of Essex. Can you pls give me any clue on what to expect especially the numeracy and literacy

ReputationRep:
    Hi, not gone yet, but, did CCU, been offered conditional so, excited, passed Middlesex which was way harder, but did not sleep the night before the interview, simple straightforward best interview anyone could have,,, but hold one hey ..it was my 1st university interview eveeeer.

so my nerves got the best of me... as soon as I left the interview room , my brains opened.lol.yes it happened.

so the ccc u I knew I had to be more calmer. Mini and group interviews and I nailed it both are done same day assessments literacy and maths.

so if I am honest I would not want to put my self thru the same stress and anxiety, and 2nd, its way far, I live near victoria train station, so cccu is not bad by train. Essex I will be really pushing it. And thinking a head placements too, the logistics will be too much for me.

where else have you applied. South Bank university, what can I say I think ,, there were about
    100 plus-+ ? Some candidates were still walking in, 10 mins late into the assessment tests, not organised , so humiliating the way they advise thosr who have not made it.

Glad cccu believed in me that I could be nurse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiaa911)
    Hi, not gone yet, but, did CCU, been offered conditional so, excited, passed Middlesex which was way harder, but did not sleep the night before the interview, simple straightforward best interview anyone could have,,, but hold one hey ..it was my 1st university interview eveeeer.

so my nerves got the best of me... as soon as I left the interview room , my brains opened.lol.yes it happened.

so the ccc u I knew I had to be more calmer. Mini and group interviews and I nailed it both are done same day assessments literacy and maths.

so if I am honest I would not want to put my self thru the same stress and anxiety, and 2nd, its way far, I live near victoria train station, so cccu is not bad by train. Essex I will be really pushing it. And thinking a head placements too, the logistics will be too much for me.

where else have you applied. South Bank university, what can I say I think ,, there were about
    100 plus-+ ? Some candidates were still walking in, 10 mins late into the assessment tests, not organised , so humiliating the way they advise thosr who have not made it.

Glad cccu believed in me that I could be nurse.
    Hello , congrats on ur offer and sorry for responding late. I'm so nervous more than before bcos I got rejected from three different uni already . Thanks for ur response

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 1, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.