Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Finding it a bit difficult to learn the explanation of the ratios, does anyone have notes which they've made and could possibly share?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What kind of explanations. Thought we're just meant to know the ratios and what factors can increase/decrease the ratios

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALEVEL_STUDENT)
    What kind of explanations. Thought we're just meant to know the ratios and what factors can increase/decrease the ratios
    Well, you've got to be able to 'interpret' them. So not just knowing what factors increase/decrease them, but also what a certain figure means and being able to compare it to a previous figure.

EG. If a company has gearing ratio of >50%, it is considered to be highly geared and so would be more risky for investors

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I did not know -_-. My accounting teacher is a bag of ____. He can't teach to save his life so i had to study the syllabus my self. Do you know weather we need to learn definitions? As they changed the spec last june and no where does it state to learn definitions?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.