Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Biology unit 6b seems confusing sometimes.Is there anyone who can explain me the difference IN DETAIL between %cover and frequency? It`s here that I ALWAYS get stuck while dealing with quadrats:,(
    Any further guidance or links to help prepare myself for this exam I`m about to take in 4 days will be utterly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stella Faux)
    Hey Biology unit 6b seems confusing sometimes.Is there anyone who can explain me the difference IN DETAIL between %cover and frequency? It`s here that I ALWAYS get stuck while dealing with quadrats:,(
    Any further guidance or links to help prepare myself for this exam I`m about to take in 4 days will be utterly appreciated.
    So that is in discovering the abundance of organisms in a population.
    there are two subheadings:
    Density
    Frequency
    in order to work out the density you calculate the number of organisms that are present in the quadrat.
    in order to work out the frequency you do that percentage coverage of the quadrat.

I hope this is what you meant

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.