The Student Room Group

is it just me or are the vectors and differential equations in STEP (1 and 2) hardest

or is it just me being bad at them
I mean i can do all the a level problems just fine but of course that's different
Reply 1
Original post by CancerousProblem
I mean i can do all the a level problems just fine but of course that's different

I like the new avatar ...
How come you are allowed to have such a large picture?
Original post by TeeEm

They've made some of the sub features free for a few weeks, so everyone can have a large avatar now.
If you re-upload yours, it'll get bigger too.
Reply 3
Original post by rayquaza17
They've made some of the sub features free for a few weeks, so everyone can have a large avatar now.
If you re-upload yours, it'll get bigger too.

will it shrink afterwards?
Original post by TeeEm

my fractal-generating code says thanks
Original post by TeeEm
will it shrink afterwards?

I have no idea.

I find the Vector ones hard, haven't done a single one yet... need to get good at them. But the D.E ones are often the nicest and are often a fairly easy 20 marks in 30 minutes.
Reply 7
Original post by rayquaza17
I have no idea.

I just did thanks

Maybe you need some practice with DE's but DE's are pretty nice and quick and easy in STEP (most of the time). Vectors gets hard when your not used to it and I would consider practising a fair bit as it will definately come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Maybe you need some practice with DE's but DE's are pretty nice and quick and easy in STEP (most of the time). Vectors gets hard when your not used to it and I would consider practising a fair bit as it will definately come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't done the DE module though
does it make a difference?
There are 2 very useful theorems for vector questions. They are Ceva's theorem and Menelaus' theorem. They're easy enough to learn, but often, they're only useful in the last part of the question, which is what the rest of the question is building up towards which kinda sucks. But I like doing the vector questions cos I can get some olympiad maths in there :smile:
Reply 11
I normally find DEs relatively easy on Step 1 and 2, whereas I wouldn't touch most vector questions with a bargepole.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
I normally find DEs relatively easy on Step 1 and 2, whereas I wouldn't touch most vector questions with a bargepole.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. I agree but I think in the next few weeks Im gna go and do all the vector questions just incase We get a terrible pure section like 2013 did with all geometry and vectors etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Yes. I agree but I think in the next few weeks Im gna go and do all the vector questions just incase We get a terrible pure section like 2013 did with all geometry and vectors etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any suggestions for easier vector questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Any suggestions for easier vector questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think there is a very easy one in 2006 I Q8 I believe. A tetrahedron of some sort. Thats the only easy one I can think of....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I think there is a very easy one in 2006 I Q8 I believe. A tetrahedron of some sort. Thats the only easy one I can think of....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did that one yesterday, didn't even think to use vectors lol. 3D geometry ftw :-)

Quick Reply

Latest