Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Calculate the current due to the motion of electron moving around the circular orbit of the radius a0 in the Hydrogen atom, where a0 = 0.59 Å is the Bohr radius

I'm not sure which equations I need to use here
    I was thinking of using the coulombs law in some way but not sure if it relates to current

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacksonmeg)
    Calculate the current due to the motion of electron moving around the circular orbit of the radius a0 in the Hydrogen atom, where a0 = 0.59 Å is the Bohr radius

I'm not sure which equations I need to use here
    I was thinking of using the coulombs law in some way but not sure if it relates to current
    Maybe you could use the magnitude of the angular momentum to get a velocity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMaydom)
    Maybe you could use the magnitude of the angular momentum to get a velocity?
    used coulombs law to get force

then mvr=n*h/2pi and rearranged for a and got a value, but I don't know how its related to current

ReputationRep:
    used coulombs law to get force

then mvr=n*h/2pi and rearranged for a and got a value, but I don't know how its related to current
    Current is the rate at which charges flow. Maybe get an orbital period or something to get the current out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMaydom)
    Current is the rate at which charges flow. Maybe get an orbital period or something to get the current out
    figured it out and got the correct answer thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    figured it out and got the correct answer thanks for the help
    So how do you do this then?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.