The Student Room Group

HNC Funding & Other Questions

Hi, I wasn't entirely sure where to ask these questions but here goes anyway...

I'm 18, completed 2 years of further education and want to make the most of my last years free further education before I go traveling and perhaps come back to more and higher education after that.

I'm looking at courses to do next year now, and already know I want to do AAT Level 3 (I did level 2 last year) 1 day a week, CIPS as a night class, and a few days part time work to save.

But other than that, I'm not sure what else to do. I've seen a HNC in business at my local college, which looks interesting, covers some things I've not studied before and is only one day a week, but...

1. Would this be covered by my last (of my 3 years) free education form 16-19? If not, does anyone know how much it would cost and whether I'd need to get a loan?

Also,
2. Is a HNC good as a standalone subject when looking for employment?
3. Could I go traveling for a year after it, and then come back to do the HNC to HND conversion after that?
4. If I did a HND (HNC then a HNC to HND conversion course) in general business, could I then only top up to a normal business management degree? Or could I do a top up into something else like business and economics or international business?

Again, not sure if this was the right place to post with some of these questions, but perhaps you could help anyway? Any info would be useful!

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Joe
(edited 8 years ago)
You can top you to hnds and then degrees pretty easily,you just have to make sure the modules are compatible so may have to stick with the same uni/college to be sure that they match up .you can take gaps but they can be too big in case the modules ate changed too much.
Hncs are level 4 so aren't further education so you d need a tuition fee loan from sfe for that and that could be up to 9k but generally colleges are cheaper than that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending