The Student Room Group

Does she not like me very much?

I'd say this woman can be shy sometimes. When I go to her she's fiddling at her desk, like she's moving paper around or putting stuff in the bin or something she just won't seem to sit still. She can also be quiet or go very loud. I was talking and she leans her arms on the desk with her two thumbs resting in her teeth, she often doesn't look at me when I'm talking, like I say fiddling around with other stuff or looking at her screen etc, other people she doesn't so much Do you think she just doesn't want me to be around? She also ignores me sometimes and acts like ive done something to upset her. When I look at her she turns away, an example if I walk into the room she's in and look at her she'll avert her eyes away. If she's walking towards me and I turn to look at her she'll turn her eyes away.
Reply 1
ask her...
Reply 2
She's probably just gutted about the election result...
Original post by futbol
She's probably just gutted about the election result...

Aren't we all

Posted from TSR Mobile
She may be shy or feel uncomfortable around you. I know I feel like this sometimes, especially around good looking boys or ones I want to make a good impression with. I always end up trying to not talk or look at them so I can't ruin anything or embarrass myself, although I probably still manage that anyway!

In short though she may actually like you but just be very shy. Or alternatively she may actually not like you much but if that was the case she wouldn't be acting so fidgety in my opinion. Maybe try a conversation with her or ask her for a favour. Favours can be a great way to get someone to like you more. I've no idea why but it works!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by NatalieBlundell
She may be shy or feel uncomfortable around you. I know I feel like this sometimes, especially around good looking boys or ones I want to make a good impression with. I always end up trying to not talk or look at them so I can't ruin anything or embarrass myself, although I probably still manage that anyway!

In short though she may actually like you but just be very shy. Or alternatively she may actually not like you much but if that was the case she wouldn't be acting so fidgety in my opinion. Maybe try a conversation with her or ask her for a favour. Favours can be a great way to get someone to like you more. I've no idea why but it works!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Her behaviour to me is like she doesn't like me but she's also very nice to me and very polite. This is her personality but surely you wouldn't be like this if you didn't like someone. I also hold doors open for her and other things and she's always appreciative. But sometimes she does totally blank me and it's as if I've done something wrong. Also when Im talking she can give good eye contact sometimes like a wide eyed look and when I'm talking she doesn't have a problem looking at me occasionally the rest of the time Shes doing other stuff.
Original post by Anonymous
Her behaviour to me is like she doesn't like me but she's also very nice to me and very polite. This is her personality but surely you wouldn't be like this if you didn't like someone. I also hold doors open for her and other things and she's always appreciative. But sometimes she does totally blank me and it's as if I've done something wrong. Also when Im talking she can give good eye contact sometimes like a wide eyed look and when I'm talking she doesn't have a problem looking at me occasionally the rest of the time Shes doing other stuff.

Hmm well maybe she is just a nervous/shy person like me. If you want to get to know her more just keep trying to talk her etc and she should eventually open up and you will see progress. If you don't see any progress however, stop because you can't force her to like you/stop doing stuff sadly :frown: It's just a cause of patience I'm afraid. Good luck though, I'm sure she will come round soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I'd say this woman can be shy sometimes. When I go to her she's fiddling at her desk, like she's moving paper around or putting stuff in the bin or something she just won't seem to sit still. She can also be quiet or go very loud. I was talking and she leans her arms on the desk with her two thumbs resting in her teeth, she often doesn't look at me when I'm talking, like I say fiddling around with other stuff or looking at her screen etc, other people she doesn't so much Do you think she just doesn't want me to be around? She also ignores me sometimes and acts like ive done something to upset her. When I look at her she turns away, an example if I walk into the room she's in and look at her she'll avert her eyes away. If she's walking towards me and I turn to look at her she'll turn her eyes away.

Yea, i think im in the same scenario as your in.like you I also have a girl ive known for 2yrs now. When i come up to her just to say hi, its usually her best friend( im good friend's with her) that responds whilst she blanks me out.Even when I catch her hanging by herself, i try to strike up a conversation, most of the time she seems uninterested( on her phone) then when one of her guy friends( has loads of guy friends no joke) comes into the building shes suddenely interested. She makes extreamly hard for me to interact with her. Even asked her why is she always cold to me when she can be sometimes be genuinely nice to me? She responds sayin she does that sometimes, so u think she would stop. But till this day shes still being cold towards me(sigh)
Reply 8
Original post by NatalieBlundell
Hmm well maybe she is just a nervous/shy person like me. If you want to get to know her more just keep trying to talk her etc and she should eventually open up and you will see progress. If you don't see any progress however, stop because you can't force her to like you/stop doing stuff sadly :frown: It's just a cause of patience I'm afraid. Good luck though, I'm sure she will come round soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could her behaviour be because she may detect I like her (although I'm not upfront about it) and she wants me to back away?
Reply 9
Only way to find out is to ask her.

For some girls, having sex with you doesn't mean they like you. For others, looking at you or not looking at you or wearing a blue blouse on a Tuesday means they do. It's as good as random. Everyone has their own code and she's the only one with the key to hers.

Now, assuming it's you who's posted a similar question over and over for the last month, stoppit and go ask her. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending