Turn on thread page Beta

Year of university wasted due to administrative errors, what to do now watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I finished my A2 levels in 2014 with an A*AB. I applied through UCAS to multiple universities, but did not receive the offer I wanted. I also applied at the time to Czech Republic (Charles University) where I received an offer. Because I have a Czech nationality I decided it would be best to take up that offer and move there. Unfortunately because I am an international student with no Czech academic credentials, until half way through the school year all my credits taken in the course did not count, and I was forced to leave the university. Here I am stuck now with all the options in the world, but no direction. I require advice on what would be the next step? I also took the SATs in Y13 and got a 2010 score, but I did not apply to USA in the end. So what would be the next best step in terms of applications, I don’t mind applying to any country now, of course with my financial limitations in mind (USA too expensive), I plan on re-applying through UCAS with the same grades, but that’s the extent of my plan.

Considering my grades and limitations, where would be the best places to apply to? I’m looking at France and other European countries, but do not want the same issue to happen (foreign credentials A-level/SAT). Also I was wondering about scholarships in the United States and how exactly do they work and where can I apply. I am of course doing some research on my own, but with all these limitless options, I do want some advice! I do consider myself an intelligent student, who had just taken the wrong path causing a 1-2 year delay. I am interested in studying any Politics/Literature related course (as my current course). Also just to specify I want it to be English taught.

TL;DR First year was messed up, need to reapply to uni’s around the world, have good grades and credentials, what to do?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.