Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heyy so does anyone have any advice for writing the 30 markers? I usually get lower marks in those (Bs compared to As on the 70s) and I was wondering if anyone could help me with some last minute improvement? Would be especially helpful if it related to the Churchill option, but I'm mostly looking for help with technique. Thanks xx
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daftish)
    Heyy so does anyone have any advice for writing the 30 markers? I usually get lower marks in those (Bs compared to As on the 70s) and I was wondering if anyone could help me with some last minute improvement? Would be especially helpful if it related to the Churchill option, but I'm mostly looking for help with technique. Thanks xx
    structure for 30 markers:

1) write out short introduction on where the sources are similar and different in the evidence they provide
    2) compare similarities and differences between the sources
    use a SAP structure in each paragraph (Source-use quotes, tone, message, A-analysis of context, and Provenance: what the author wanted, the context of the time, reliability, usefulness)
    3) aim to do a mini conclusion which effectively sums up the judgment in your paragraph
    ALWAYS EVALUATE WHICH SOURCE IS BETTER "AS EVIDENCE FOR" (always generically stated in the part a question)

the conclusion should be be concise to the point something like:
    Both sources A and B are useful as evidence for.... HOWEVER Source A is better given its provenance as the author is more reliable ... thus B is limited compared to A as it fails to mention ____ which is key to provide evidence for 'said issue in the question'.

You should aim to write about 1-2 sides
    keep it concise, to the point, evaluative and always compare sources!! ( do not simply say this source A is ... and source B is ...., you need to say Source A states this HOWEVER source B is provides an alternative stance given blah blah)

OH AND ANSWER THE QUESTION!!! (this is one of the biggest mistakes that even the most genius a level candidates make)

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aishah026)
    structure for 30 markers:

1) write out short introduction on where the sources are similar and different in the evidence they provide
    2) compare similarities and differences between the sources
    use a SAP structure in each paragraph (Source-use quotes, tone, message, A-analysis of context, and Provenance: what the author wanted, the context of the time, reliability, usefulness)
    3) aim to do a mini conclusion which effectively sums up the judgment in your paragraph
    ALWAYS EVALUATE WHICH SOURCE IS BETTER "AS EVIDENCE FOR" (always generically stated in the part a question)

the conclusion should be be concise to the point something like:
    Both sources A and B are useful as evidence for.... HOWEVER Source A is better given its provenance as the author is more reliable ... thus B is limited compared to A as it fails to mention ____ which is key to provide evidence for 'said issue in the question'.

You should aim to write about 1-2 sides
    keep it concise, to the point, evaluative and always compare sources!! ( do not simply say this source A is ... and source B is ...., you need to say Source A states this HOWEVER source B is provides an alternative stance given blah blah)

OH AND ANSWER THE QUESTION!!! (this is one of the biggest mistakes that even the most genius a level candidates make)

Hope this helps!
    And of course I wouldn't see this until after the exam...

Thanks anyway!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.