Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

Earlier this week I posted this thread on the general postgrad sub-forum. However I think I this may actually be a better subforum to post this is. Essentially, I am a long time lurker here would just like to get your opinion on what my chances are for the postgraduate courses given my profile.

My profile is:

Currently studying Economics at a middle ranked uni (35-50). In my first year i got 82.5% Average, so a high first class. Second year I will also get around the 80% average mark (hopefully more, 80% is a relatively conservative estimate).

My best modules currently are Econometrics and Mathematical Economics (both A*, 90%+), which I believe will be the most important for the masters I want to apply to.

I also have relevant extracurriculars and work experience However, I believe they don't care as much about these for postgraduate applications (correct me if I'm wrong).

These are the courses I'm planning on applying to next fall :

Mphil Economcs - Cambridge
    Mres Economics - Cambridge
    Mphil Economics - Oxford
    MSc Economics - LSE

Maybe also to a few others (Warwick, UCL, etc).

I would highly appreciate any feedback on what my chances are for the courses above and what I could do to improve my overall profile (GMAT, GRE?).

Merci.

ReputationRep:
    Bumpity

ReputationRep:
    Another bump.

ReputationRep:
    Still hoping for an answers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone can give you a definite answer. It depends on more than just grades. Think about referees too. From my experience 80% from a good uni (Russel Group) is enough, however, if you want to do MRes at Cam they would like you to have some research done.
    When it comes to your choices, the easier to get in for you would be probably UCL. They value if you are good at Maths. I wouldn't go with Warwick as it's unreasonably expensive. When it comes to LSE, consider MSc EME. Some say it's the best Master for Econ in the UK.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.