Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I download about a song a week usually on iTunes, but I've recently been using Spotify and I like it.

I'd need the premium one though as standard accounts don't work on a phone.

What would work out cheaper in the long run? iTunes or Spotify?

ReputationRep:
    I think Spotify might work out cheaper in the long run, but with iTunes the song is always going to be there and you can be guaranteed the whole album and excellent quality.

Having said that, you may end up paying for a whole album to realise you only like one song and I know iTunes lets you preview but Spotify can allow you to listen to the whole album/song (if they have it) and then you can just pick and choose.

Also let's not forget the ready made playlists that Spotify provides for you.

Economically iTunes is preferred.
    Personally though, Spotify.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natasherrrrr93)
    I download about a song a week usually on iTunes, but I've recently been using Spotify and I like it.

I'd need the premium one though as standard accounts don't work on a phone.

What would work out cheaper in the long run? iTunes or Spotify?
    I use Spotify Premium at the moment and it's definitely worth it. Better than iTunes, I'd say. Music streaming is the future of music distribution and once you try it, you can see why. You pay a tenner a month and you get 20 million songs in your pocket, at 320kbps CD quality. I myself rack up dozens of hours of play time each month and probably spend most of the data I use on Spotify. (btw, I'm not being paid to say this
    :^_^:
    ).

In all seriousness though, I do think that Spotify is worth it for those people who enjoy listening to a lot of music. It takes away the hassle of buying and downloading individual music and syncing, so that's why it's great for me. It's especially good if you buy a lot of music, like ten or more full price albums a year. It'll work out way cheaper for all the music you'll listen to.

What's more, you can listen anywhere on any device and have all your music and playlists right there for you. You can even control playback on one device from another.

Each to their own but, I really think Spotify Premium is *WELL* worth the ten pounds a month.

ReputationRep:
    Spotify definitely! I've been using its Premium service for about 2 years now and it's awesome. Free music all day, every day for a fiver every month. (Half price for students). Only down side is that some music takes a while to come out but that's more the artists fault than Spotify's, for example, Rihanna gave all her music streaming rights to Jay-Z's TiDAL so it wasn't on Spotify for weeks after the release. But like I said, doesn't happen that often

iTunes is a waste of money, imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.