Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So i have this girl in our school and although we do different subjects we always have classes next to each other and cross each other, (including looking at each other) very often. Well, i had this crush on her since the beginning of the year but because of studies it kind of went away before making a return on the verge of my exams (now..). They're on study leave from yesterday whilst we will have classes till the 20th.

We have a lot of mutual friends and i got to know her name and etc.. through the good friends of mine but didn't really go up to her nor spoke to her since she won't be down anymore till next Sept. when i go uni. So i managed to get her number from one of my friends and her other social network contacts but DID NOT add her or texts her. I want to do it but i fear she'll find it creepy and will ruin all my chances of getting to know her.

Some of my girl friends said that it's not that creepy if you refer a friend that you got the number off (Letting them know and agree with you) and it should be fine, whilst some said it would be fine but she might be put off, so basically mixed replies.

Any help, would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    You haven't said whether you talk. If you haven't really spoken I wld start there cos u texting her out of the blue is like saying hey I have a crush on you but I don't have the balls to actually talk to you and haven't since the start of the year. Treat her like a normal person... That is something I have learnt the past year. Treat her like ur friends be open and relaxed and once she gets to know u a bit then ask her for her number and text as a supplement to your actual physical interactions. I don't know if its just me but I don't believe u can make a relationship grow through phones and stuff cos people are always different on their phone from real life cos they have the chance to edit their message to be as perfect as possible and doesn't reflect their true self. But anyway just talk to her..chances are if u catch her looking at you loads then she's interested. If she likes u but hasn't made a move herself is probably cos she was just waiting for u to make a move since ur the guy. so if u like her go make a move.

ReputationRep:
    You mentioned social networks right? I would say maybe add her on Facebook or somewhere first where it isn't as much of a personal form of online contact. She is likely to accept your friend request.

You could then maybe like some posts or pictures she puts up in the future. I wouldn't suggest liking old ones as she will know you've been on her profile which she might find creepy. Then you can try popping up to her.

I wouldn't text her. Although if there is no other option then go for it! A way to see if she is okay with you having her number/getting her number is when on Facebook and talking be like 'I have to go out in a second but I can text you if you want'. She may then proceed to give you (confirm in your case) her number. Hooray you can then text her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinababy)
    You haven't said whether you talk. If you haven't really spoken I wld start there cos u texting her out of the blue is like saying hey I have a crush on you but I don't have the balls to actually talk to you and haven't since the start of the year. Treat her like a normal person... That is something I have learnt the past year. Treat her like ur friends be open and relaxed and once she gets to know u a bit then ask her for her number and text as a supplement to your actual physical interactions. I don't know if its just me but I don't believe u can make a relationship grow through phones and stuff cos people are always different on their phone from real life cos they have the chance to edit their message to be as perfect as possible and doesn't reflect their true self. But anyway just talk to her..chances are if u catch her looking at you loads then she's interested. If she likes u but hasn't made a move herself is probably cos she was just waiting for u to make a move since ur the guy. so if u like her go make a move.
    Thanks for your valuable input.

We don't talk and didn't throughout the year because she was always with a bunch of friends and since I'm shy enough, i didn't go up to her thinking it'd be awkward just stepping in the middle of girls' convo. Believe me or not, i've never seen her alone around school :/

Well, i was thinking about what you've said but they're on study leave till June, when i finish school and i start my exams, so what i was thinking is go back after my exams with an excuse to get into school (Usually not allowed) and then hang around with my teacher (also her teacher) and then maybe catch her. Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieBlundell)
    You mentioned social networks right? I would say maybe add her on Facebook or somewhere first where it isn't as much of a personal form of online contact. She is likely to accept your friend request.

You could then maybe like some posts or pictures she puts up in the future. I wouldn't suggest liking old ones as she will know you've been on her profile which she might find creepy. Then you can try popping up to her.

I wouldn't text her. Although if there is no other option then go for it! A way to see if she is okay with you having her number/getting her number is when on Facebook and talking be like 'I have to go out in a second but I can text you if you want'. She may then proceed to give you (confirm in your case) her number. Hooray you can then text her

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah she does have SN. For fear of getting declined i told one of my friends (a girl in the same assembly as her) to add her whilst i followed her on IG. So far, she accepted none but she wasn't active on it since we both added her on Fb and Insta. So we're still waiting on that, because i was thinking i'll add her after my friend gets accepted as a proof that she won't find it weird/creepy to get added by an unknown person.

I thought of another way, please read the reply above (2nd paragraph) but not sure if that's a way that could work. Since i can obtain her timetable from any of my teachers, it won't be a problem knowing when she has frees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian7)
    Yeah she does have SN. For fear of getting declined i told one of my friends (a girl in the same assembly as her) to add her whilst i followed her on IG. So far, she accepted none but she wasn't active on it since we both added her on Fb and Insta. So we're still waiting on that, because i was thinking i'll add her after my friend gets accepted as a proof that she won't find it weird/creepy to get added by an unknown person.

I thought of another way, please read the reply above (2nd paragraph) but not sure if that's a way that could work. Since i can obtain her timetable from any of my teachers, it won't be a problem knowing when she has frees.
    Aw it's really sweet all of this effort. I think it's a good idea to maybe go to school after your exams then yeah and you may see her/get her timetable.

In the meantime hopefully she accepts on her social networks. I don't see why she wouldn't!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw it's really sweet all of this effort. I think it's a good idea to maybe go to school after your exams then yeah and you may see her/get her timetable.

In the meantime hopefully she accepts on her social networks. I don't see why she wouldn't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol thanks, i thought i'd be called a creep if i write about all these efforts I'm making - Well, since i wasn't called a creep, i have got her timetable already

So your advice would be a nono on texting her out of the blue? I completely understand why tbh, it could be really putting off for some and not for others.

However, the question is, will i be even able to catch her alone, she's not very popular but never seems to be alone somewhere. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian7)
    Lol thanks, i thought i'd be called a creep if i write about all these efforts I'm making - Well, since i wasn't called a creep, i have got her timetable already

So your advice would be a nono on texting her out of the blue? I completely understand why tbh, it could be really putting off for some and not for others.

However, the question is, will i be even able to catch her alone, she's not very popular but never seems to be alone somewhere. :confused:
    It's not creepy. I too get like you when I like someone, it's hard not to make efforts like that hahah. I would give texting a miss because it is quite a personal thing, to me anyway. You could still try it though but she may not agree with it.

You might be able to catch her alone, maybe in the mornings hang about the entrance of school? It's unlikely she travels in with a group of friends everyday. If she does maybe get to know one of her friends first? It's a bit easier because you aren't as concerned about making a good impression. Her friend may then talk about you to her and say how cool or nice you are. Just a suggestion but it could be tried

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would give texting a miss because it is quite a personal thing, to me anyway. You could still try it though but she may not agree with it.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha glad someone gets like me in these situation.

Yeah, agree on this because i don't know how she treats this personal info. For example, i don't really mind if someone texts me but others might find it offensive and etc..

I know she doesn't travel with groups, she travels alone but i was thinking, wouldn't it be weird to just stand around the entrance alone and then randomly say 'hey you do this subject right?' and start walking with her.. Would you find it uncomfortable/weird?
    You don't know how much a girls' prospective i need now, I'm in massive dilemmas xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian7)

I know she doesn't travel with groups, she travels alone but i was thinking, wouldn't it be weird to just stand around the entrance alone and then randomly say 'hey you do this subject right?' and start walking with her.. Would you find it uncomfortable/weird?
    You don't know how much a girls' prospective i need now, I'm in massive dilemmas xD
    I honestly personally wouldn't be that uncomfortable if I saw a guy waiting at an entrance and then start talking to me. I might even feel flattered. Just think I'm sure you see a ton of people hanging about and waiting at the entrance of school for someone. You could maybe do it for a few days and pretend to be waiting for someone, and smile when she passes. She will get to know your face even more and just assume you're waiting fr someone.

Then after a few days you could maybe try strike up a conversation with her and act like your friend never showed up so you need someone to walk to class to? Haha these are all just suggestions you could try but as a girl I wouldn't be uncomfortable if a guy approached me at the school entrance. It is quite cute and sweet actually

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I honestly personally wouldn't be that uncomfortable if I saw a guy waiting at an entrance and then start talking to me. I might even feel flattered. Just think I'm sure you see a ton of people hanging about and waiting at the entrance of school for someone. You could maybe do it for a few days and pretend to be waiting for someone, and smile when she passes. She will get to know your face even more and just assume you're waiting fr someone.

Then after a few days you could maybe try strike up a conversation with her and act like your friend never showed up so you need someone to walk to class to? Haha these are all just suggestions you could try but as a girl I wouldn't be uncomfortable if a guy approached me at the school entrance. It is quite cute and sweet actually
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gosh, wished everyone was so friendly and approachable like you!..

I definitely could try that, or even maybe just walk around outside the classes she has (my teacher's class) and a couple of days i could just smile or say 'hey' to her. One of my friends told me to approach her and maybe one day ask her about one of our teachers and her whereabouts.. The next days just say 'hi whats up?' and maybe a week after just start a convo. Tbh I'm too impatient to do this but i think it could be the best approach (yours and my friends') to get to know her.. xD

Might actually take your approach after my exams when i can be sleeping in my comfy bed, but hey, sacrifices needs to be made if i want her xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian7)

Might actually take your approach after my exams when i can be sleeping in my comfy bed, but hey, sacrifices needs to be made if i want her xD
    Aww hahah I really hope things work out! I know it's hard to be patient when you like someone and it does suck but maybe you will have to be.

For now you can start making slow progress and appreciating small things off of her like a smile or wave and before you know it you guys could be talking and hopefully dating! Best of luck you seriously do deserve it you seem a great guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian7)
    Thanks for your valuable input.

We don't talk and didn't throughout the year because she was always with a bunch of friends and since I'm shy enough, i didn't go up to her thinking it'd be awkward just stepping in the middle of girls' convo. Believe me or not, i've never seen her alone around school :/

Well, i was thinking about what you've said but they're on study leave till June, when i finish school and i start my exams, so what i was thinking is go back after my exams with an excuse to get into school (Usually not allowed) and then hang around with my teacher (also her teacher) and then maybe catch her. Opinions?
    Hmm I'm not sure that that is a great idea. It's nice that you care about her so much but making such an effort for this girl which you don't even know, i dunno. I don't think it's a good idea because I doubt she feels as strongly about you as you feel about her. I think you are in 'like' with the idea of her. You like what you see and what you don't see your mind fills in with the perfect images. I liked this guy for years, I don't even want to say how long...since primary school anyway. But one day I realised that I didn't like him for who he was, I didn't know him well enough and rather had made up some perfect vision of me and him together over the years that I had a crush on him. He had never given me the time of day and it wasn't because he didn't like me it was because he didn't know me and I made no effort over the years to get to know him because I was never brave enough.
    If I were I would sleep on it. If you feel that she is worth it, like really worth it and would be willing to be with you then go for it. But even if that were to happen, you have already invested one year in this relationship and she would just be starting to get to know you so there would certainly be a huge difference in the level of emotions between you.
    Plus on top of that when you leave school and go to uni or whatever you will meet so many other girl with whom you will be able to make more mature and rational and two sided relationships right from the start. And dare I say, you will forget about this girl from class who was nice.
    But this is just my opinion. I don't actually know what you two are like and how you both feel. I can only infer from what you have written. Whatever happens I wish you the best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Aww hahah I really hope things work out! I know it's hard to be patient when you like someone and it does suck but maybe you will have to be.

For now you can start making slow progress and appreciating small things off of her like a smile or wave and before you know it you guys could be talking and hopefully dating! Best of luck you seriously do deserve it you seem a great guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, really appreciated your advice, you seem experienced in many ways

I guess i will have to stay back during exams and see how things turn out, if not i might have to move on with a little bit of pain :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinababy)
    Hmm I'm not sure that that is a great idea. It's nice that you care about her so much but making such an effort for this girl which you don't even know, i dunno. I don't think it's a good idea because I doubt she feels as strongly about you as you feel about her. I think you are in 'like' with the idea of her. You like what you see and what you don't see your mind fills in with the perfect images. I liked this guy for years, I don't even want to say how long...since primary school anyway. But one day I realised that I didn't like him for who he was, I didn't know him well enough and rather had made up some perfect vision of me and him together over the years that I had a crush on him. He had never given me the time of day and it wasn't because he didn't like me it was because he didn't know me and I made no effort over the years to get to know him because I was never brave enough.
    If I were I would sleep on it. If you feel that she is worth it, like really worth it and would be willing to be with you then go for it. But even if that were to happen, you have already invested one year in this relationship and she would just be starting to get to know you so there would certainly be a huge difference in the level of emotions between you.
    Plus on top of that when you leave school and go to uni or whatever you will meet so many other girl with whom you will be able to make more mature and rational and two sided relationships right from the start. And dare I say, you will forget about this girl from class who was nice.
    But this is just my opinion. I don't actually know what you two are like and how you both feel. I can only infer from what you have written. Whatever happens I wish you the best of luck
    Understand what you mean, and literally i kind of do have these 'images' of the girl being really nice and all that, but i don't know her that well to judge it yet and it might turn out to be a different girl than the one i imagined.

I guess i'll have to get to know her at least and then judge the situation from there, if she's worth my attention or not.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think you should just bite the bullet and approach her. You have mutual friends that could be used as an icebreaker and you don't necessarily have to let her know you fancy her straight away.
    Maybe strike up a conversation and then ask if she uses social media/what's app at the end of the convo.
    Take it from there, get to know each other before you try to take it to the next stage.

Plus with the end of year coming up there maybe be social events you'll see each other where you can both let your hair down x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian7)
    Thanks, really appreciated your advice, you seem experienced in many ways

I guess i will have to stay back during exams and see how things turn out, if not i might have to move on with a little bit of pain :rolleyes:
    You're honestly welcome, glad I could help out, even if it was just a bit

Staying back might not do you any harm, you may get talking to the girl or you could just end up using it as extra study time for next year (if you're that sort of person, sometimes I am hahah) Good luck though! Let me know how it goes, I hope she notices your efforts soon enough

ReputationRep:
    You're honestly welcome, glad I could help out, even if it was just a bit

Staying back might not do you any harm, you may get talking to the girl or you could just end up using it as extra study time for next year (if you're that sort of person, sometimes I am hahah) Good luck though! Let me know how it goes, I hope she notices your efforts soon enough
    haha i barely know what i modules i will do next year so i guess i can always help the students, sort of

Definitely will let you know through either here or PM. Again, even if it was a bit of help, it sorted out a lot of dilemmas, thanks again . x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.