Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What roughly would be an A*? My school said 80% (20/25 per essay) but my friends school doing the same exam said 64% (16/20) so....

I'm quite bad at english and my literature essays usually get marks ranging between 16 if its a catstrophe then 17-20 normally. I really need to know what i should be aiming for bc if i need to aim for 80% then im going to need to revise so hard

ReputationRep:
    Hey, um an A is 64% i think, well that's what I got in my mocks. So I think A* is probably 19-20+ out of 25. Not sure but thats what I think. Just try your hardest. At our school we're doing I'm the King Of the Castle, All my Sons, The Tempest and Thomas Hardy Poems. What about you? x

ReputationRep:
    It slightly differs each year, however, if you want to gain an A* - you need roughly 68% - which makes 17/25, but aim for 18, since there was a year where you needed 70%, but also a years where 64% was enough.
    Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayeeda101)
    Hey, um an A is 64% i think, well that's what I got in my mocks. So I think A* is probably 19-20+ out of 25. Not sure but thats what I think. Just try your hardest. At our school we're doing I'm the King Of the Castle, All my Sons, The Tempest and Thomas Hardy Poems. What about you? x
    I'm doing Thomas Hardy poems and I swear for like half the poems there isn't enough to write enough for a 25 mark essay

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Thomas Hardy poems and I swear for like half the poems there isn't enough to write enough for a 25 mark essay

That is SO TRUE...e.g In The Time Of Breaking Nations, its only a couple of sentences...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayeeda101)

That is SO TRUE...e.g In The Time Of Breaking Nations, its only a couple
    of sentences...
    Yeah , especially no buyers and on the departure platform I have nothing on them! Hopefully they won't come up lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressedByDay)
    Yeah , especially no buyers and on the departure platform I have nothing on them! Hopefully they won't come up lmao
    Are you learning quotes for the poems or are you just going to do the extract question no matter what it is?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=JuliaM1998;55643193]Are you learning quotes for the poems or are you just going to do the extract question no matter what it is?[/QUO 2 extract questions for the poetry, but for the prose and drama - 1 extract question and 1 without the extract

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.