CIE English lit IGCSE approximate grade boundaries please help Watch

JuliaM1998
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What roughly would be an A*? My school said 80% (20/25 per essay) but my friends school doing the same exam said 64% (16/20) so....

I'm quite bad at english and my literature essays usually get marks ranging between 16 if its a catstrophe then 17-20 normally. I really need to know what i should be aiming for bc if i need to aim for 80% then im going to need to revise so hard
Sayeeda101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, um an A is 64% i think, well that's what I got in my mocks. So I think A* is probably 19-20+ out of 25. Not sure but thats what I think. Just try your hardest. At our school we're doing I'm the King Of the Castle, All my Sons, The Tempest and Thomas Hardy Poems. What about you? x
Madla Spadla
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It slightly differs each year, however, if you want to gain an A* - you need roughly 68% - which makes 17/25, but aim for 18, since there was a year where you needed 70%, but also a years where 64% was enough.
Hope it helps
StressedByDay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sayeeda101)
Hey, um an A is 64% i think, well that's what I got in my mocks. So I think A* is probably 19-20+ out of 25. Not sure but thats what I think. Just try your hardest. At our school we're doing I'm the King Of the Castle, All my Sons, The Tempest and Thomas Hardy Poems. What about you? x
I'm doing Thomas Hardy poems and I swear for like half the poems there isn't enough to write enough for a 25 mark essay
Sayeeda101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Thomas Hardy poems and I swear for like half the poems there isn't enough to write enough for a 25 mark essay

That is SO TRUE...e.g In The Time Of Breaking Nations, its only a couple of sentences...
StressedByDay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sayeeda101)

That is SO TRUE...e.g In The Time Of Breaking Nations, its only a couple
of sentences...
Yeah , especially no buyers and on the departure platform I have nothing on them! Hopefully they won't come up lmao
JuliaM1998
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by StressedByDay)
Yeah , especially no buyers and on the departure platform I have nothing on them! Hopefully they won't come up lmao
Are you learning quotes for the poems or are you just going to do the extract question no matter what it is?
StressedByDay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=JuliaM1998;55643193]Are you learning quotes for the poems or are you just going to do the extract question no matter what it is?[/QUO 2 extract questions for the poetry, but for the prose and drama - 1 extract question and 1 without the extract
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads