divinemathew3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
GCSE SCIENCE - My biggest weakness has to be understanding a question. Does anyone know any techniques or ways to understand what the question is asking me.
shwansalah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by divinemathew3)
GCSE SCIENCE - My biggest weakness has to be understanding a question. Does anyone know any techniques or ways to understand what the question is asking me.
I know how you feel. Underline key words and read it more than once, and also make you sure you spot when the question says *explain* instead of *describe*, they both have different meanings.,.
divinemathew3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have tried that but i sometimes still miss stuff out.
serculis
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Learn the exam's "command words". Once you get to a-level it becomes a necessity. the difference between "outline", "describe", "evaluate" and "discuss" is huge.

What exam board are you with? I did it with AQA, and sometimes they have a page where they define their command words.

Or just ask your teacher to define them.

I recommend making it a practice to always read the questions twice, there has been many times I've lost marks due to not reading it properly *cough*ticking one box instead of two *cough*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (112)
28%
No (288)
72%

Watched Threads