Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 21 and only men in their 30s and 40s are showing interest and saying how they wish they were younger and how I am marriage material. While guys my age, only see me as a sister.

I'm getting annoyed, people say I am attractive. I'm quiet and not into the party culture. But at the same time, I'm not submissive and I rather get to know the guy in a personal level first before losing my virginity to him. Though my guy friend said that no guy will wait that long.

Am I being too stubborn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 21 and only men in their 30s and 40s are showing interest and saying how they wish they were younger and how I am marriage material. While guys my age, only see me as a sister.

I'm getting annoyed, people say I am attractive. I'm quiet and not into the party culture. But at the same time, I'm not submissive and I rather get to know the guy in a personal level first before losing my virginity to him. Though my guy friend said that no guy will wait that long.

Am I being too stubborn?
    Bloody hell, your friend is wrong. Not every guy has sex with a girl before getting to know her properly. That's a strange generalisation to make.

It could be that many of the 21 year old guys you're meeting tend to want casual sex and short-term things and your quiet nature is not what they are looking for. I will admit that older guys tend to prefer the idea of settling down once they've enjoyed getting laid all through their 20's. My current boyfriend just turned 30 and is very different to all the 20-somethings I have dated in the past. Although there are many 30+ year olds who are still the 'party-hard, good fun' types.

ReputationRep:
    I am a Protestant, I am against any and all sexual relationships outside marriage. The fact when people are younger they think short term, when people get older they see the longer view. People our age without the constrain of Protestant only want short term satisfaction. Sure there are exception, but the majority of people just want sex at our age. For the older men who are interested in you, you would be a catch because of your age. So I wouldn't be so excited about their interest.

People who want the same thing you do exist, you just need to find one of them and like them. In the end sex is sex nothing more unless you are married to the person.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    you are not being stubborn at all. there will be men out there around your age or at least less than 30 that will want similar things to you, you just havent men one yet but you will theres just over a 4 year age difference between my partner and I and we both want the same things out of life and never expected to find someone you did so dont give up

ReputationRep:
    not at all. dont listen to what others think or say, its about you do what you think is right, it'll take time but im sure you'll find someone xxx good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Am I being too stubborn?
    no your not, and your guy friend is wrong. If they wont wait then they are not really after knowing you. I'd rather form a connection first

thinking about it... maybe im the odd one out...

hm.... damn.

ReputationRep:
    Heres my perspective as a 22 year old male.

I'm quiet successful with girls, i have 2 preferences, "alpha women" that have a very fake look and on the other side of the spectrum i like very shy quiet girls.

When i initially talk to either, whether its out drinking or through friends i tend to get a very similar responses, both are dismissive as if theyre testing me, my patience and willingness to put effort into getting to know them.

Its this sort of guard that these girls have is what i find interesting, others find these girls *****y or boring but i like the challenge and reward.

If you want more success with guys your age learn to control you barriers, often if youre at your place of work or around friends your guard is down, so it maybe easier to take such compliments from older men, try to put yourself in a relaxed eviroment similar to that with guys you like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Black Magic)
    Nah.
    What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m93100)
    What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was responding to OP's question.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.