Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If anyone can recommend me a book or two which teaches all Physics A Level modules I would be very greatful. Preferably AQA.

A book which contains a lot of questions and worked answers would be ideal.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    No-one? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    If anyone can recommend me a book or two which teaches all Physics A Level modules I would be very greatful. Preferably AQA.

A book which contains a lot of questions and worked answers would be ideal.

Thank you.
    You could try Roger Muncaster - very detailed and slightly extra than the spec requires but it will help you gain a greater understanding so it'll be easier to tackle the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    No-one? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got the 'AQA approved' textbook - its like the first one that comes up on amazon or whatever. There's separate books for AS and A2, but I find it really helpful, and well explained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoxa)
    I've got the 'AQA approved' textbook - its like the first one that comes up on amazon or whatever. There's separate books for AS and A2, but I find it really helpful, and well explained.
    +1

The approved textbook is great. Plenty of detail but only covers the stuff you need, plenty of practise questions and a lot of useful diagrams.

We got ours for free, the school got them, maybe it's something you should tell the school to look into for your class.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm currently using this textbook
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Understa.../dp/0748743146
    it covers all the modules and units for all the examboards and after each topic there is a page of questions (double sided) with answers at the back. Highly recommend it! It covers AS & A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB47)
    You could try Roger Muncaster - very detailed and slightly extra than the spec requires but it will help you gain a greater understanding so it'll be easier to tackle the questions.
    (Original post by aoxa)
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    +1

The approved textbook is great. Plenty of detail but only covers the stuff you need, plenty of practise questions and a lot of useful diagrams.

We got ours for free, the school got them, maybe it's something you should tell the school to look into for your class.
    (Original post by Elhamm)
    I'm currently using this textbook
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Understa.../dp/0748743146
    it covers all the modules and units for all the examboards and after each topic there is a page of questions (double sided) with answers at the back. Highly recommend it! It covers AS & A2
    Thank you, all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.